In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale

JackFetch

I know it's cool to like him now because he's some kind of morbidly amusing cult figure, but, seriously.

I like him because he makes movies that are successful outside of the HJollywood Studio machine and he does it with people who are very much part of that machine.

So, it's all about fighting the power and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of his movies.

His movies are better than Michael Bay's.

I know it's cool to like him now because he's some kind of morbidly amusing cult figure, but, seriously.

I like him because he makes movies that are successful outside of the HJollywood Studio machine and he does it with people who are very much part of that machine.

So, it's all about fighting the power and has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of his movies.

His movies are better than Michael Bay's.

I think that deserves a poll.....

• 2 weeks later...

This movie has some of the worst music I have ever heard in a movie. At times it sounds like carnival music for some reason. It's also highly inappropriate in some scenes. Two guys are burying a little kid, but the music starts to pick up and go faster. So the guys start shoveling dirt into the grave faster. Soon it looks like they are racing each other to be the first to bury the kid while the music is going faster and faster and louder and louder. What the fuck? It's supposed to be a sad scene, and I was falling out of my chair laughing at how stupid it was.

It has some of the best actors in Hollywood in it, but none of them gave enough shits to bother to actually act in the movie. Liotta looks completely out of place. Ron Perlman should have worn some type of makeup effects to hide his face, because I would have been ashamed of that performance. John Rhys-Davies looked like he could wander off the set at any moment. Burt Reynolds just stood around and stared a lot.

The only saving graces this movie had were that it looks great(it really does), and Claire Forlani. She was the only one doing any acting, and she was hot as hell. Her cleavage was the only epic thing about the movie. LeeLee looked good during her one sword fight, but she didn't do anything the whole rest of the movie. Really, she just stood around. Her character was pointless.

The writing was atrocious of course. The effects were hit and miss. It would be good, and then they would throw in a horrible matte painting.

The editing was what really killed it for me. It would cut away from scenes too quick, like someone was about to talk and boom, we are in a fight scene with different people. One thing I found odd was that anyone that didn't die in a battle scene, didn't actually die on camera. The camera is on the dying guy, then cuts to the other guy, and cuts back to the guy being dead already. Ron Perlman just disappeared from the movie altogether. I assume he died since he was stabbed, but he just kind of wandered off. Burt Reynold's death scene was the worst in the history of cinema. He's animated, wide awake, and talking with his hands one minute, cut to the other guy, cut back and his eyes are closed and he's dead. WTF

Another example of the bad editing is the ending. Huge ending battle between the main good guy and main bad guy. The fight ends and straight to the credits without anything being said. No wrap up. None of the sort of thing you usually see at the end of these types of movies, just straight to the credits.

Another example of the bad editing is the ending. Huge ending battle between the main good guy and main bad guy. The fight ends and straight to the credits without anything being said. No wrap up. None of the sort of thing you usually see at the end of these types of movies, just straight to the credits.

HA! That is EXACTLY how Bloodrayne ended. I'm not joking.

To be fair, that's how the LOTR trilogy should have ended. Talk about a forty minute coda. I wanted to hang myself.

To be fair, that's how the LOTR trilogy should have ended. Talk about a forty minute coda. I wanted to hang myself.

The point I was making is that it was a common occurrence in Uwe Boll movies.

• 2 months later...

The dvd came out, and I just had to get it(hey, I enjoyed it for what it was, quit judging). You know how on the back of the dvd it talks about the movie, and lists the stars with what they are known for?

They got John Rhys-Davies(The Lord of the Ring Trilogy), Ron Perlman(Hellboy). That's fine. That's what they are known for.

This is what they have for Ray Liotta -Wild Hogs. Has anyone involved in making this dvd never seen Goodfellas?

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, God.........this movie is so, SO fucking bad. The acting, in particular, is just atrocious.

And I'm only five minutes into it.

The Tranquil Tirades haven't seen the last of Uwe Boll.

It's funny to see Claire Forlani acting, and everyone else looking like they are thinking about what to have for lunch. Maybe she didn't understand this isn't another Lord of the Rings movie.