Child's Play Remake

• 8 months later...

Here's a refreshing set of news for this classics remake. First off, the Chucky Doll will not be in CGI, but Animatronic like in 1988. Second and this is some great news.....

Brad Dourif IS Chucky again, yes he will be the only actor to reprise his killer role in a new series of Chucky films. I haven't heard anything new about the "Return of Chucky" sequel that Brad Dourif and Alex Vincent were scheduled to be in.

Here is the link to the news of Brad Dourif's return:

http://thevaultofhorror.blogspot.com/2008/...ky-returns.html

Also another fantastic set of news, MGM will finally be releasing a 20th Anniversary Special Edition of Child's Play. Here are the details:

Here are some details:

- Commentary track with creator/writer Don Mancini and producer David Kirschner.

- A second track with FX guru Kevin Yagher, Catherine Hicks (Kevin's wife; they met on the film), and now-grown-up Alex Vincent.

- A third track with Mancini and Chucky (Brad Dourif voicing in character).

- The film itself is presented in the long overdue 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen.

- Making-of documentary blending archival footage with new, on-camera interviews with Mancini, Kirschner, Yagher, Hicks, Vincent, Chris Sarandon, John Lafia and Brad Dourif.

The strange absence of director Tom Holland is very unfortunate. I hope they get a chance to add a commentary track from him as well. We heard through the grapevine that he is excited to be a part of this disc, and had not yet been asked (Michelle Gold… can you make this happen?).

Watch for an official announcement soon.

or go here for more info:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12676

I love how the quick justification was Halloween. Not Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Amityville Horror, but the one remake that came off quite favourably.

I thought the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" remake (the first one, with Jessica Biel) was good. the second one, not so much.

• 3 months later...