Lethal Weapon 5

annericelover

Yes, it seems that director Richard Donner wants to bring the team back together for one "FINAL" film. From what I understand Mel Gibson was offered 25 to 30 million dollars to reprise his role and he is on board. Meaning that anyone knowing about the 3rd installment of the Mad Max series will have to wait longer for that. Danny Glover says he wants nothing to do with the sequel and this might mean that Chris Rock will be returning as Lee Butters. No word on if Joe Pesci, Renne Russo or any of the other series regulars will be back, but from the look of things it is in fact going to happen. Wikipedia hasn't got an official page on it, but it is optioned to add on to it. What do you think about this sequel being made?

Me, I'm kind of excited, I mean no one had faith that Sylvester Stallone can come back in the Rocky role and make it as good as it was, but he did. Rambo IV and from I've seen Indiana Jones IV is looking good. So I say, let's just scream out what Murtock and Riggs said in Lethal Weapon IV "I'm NOT too old for this shit"

• 7 months later...
Here's an update on Lethal Weapon 5, it seems that Danny Glover is now a part of the film. The writer of the original film Shane Black has penned a 5th installment. Go here for more info:

http://screenrant.com/lethal-weapon-5-niall-3333/

It should be good. I say should because I am still seething from Indiana freaking jones.

But if the team-except Chris Rock are back, I will go to see it.

They made Riggs a father at the end of four, and Murdoch a grandfather. What's the new characterisation going to be, Joe Pesci is Danny Glovers long lost son!? :shocked:

It should be good. I say should because I am still seething from Indiana freaking jones.

But if the team-except Chris Rock are back, I will go to see it.

They made Riggs a father at the end of four, and Murdoch a grandfather. What's the new characterisation going to be, Joe Pesci is Danny Glovers long lost son!? :shocked:

Riggs is going into retirement and needs Murtoch for one more case

• 1 month later...
In August of this year, it was reported that screenwriter Shane Black and producer Joel Silver were working on a fifth installment of the "Lethal Weapon" franchise.

It was said that in the new film, homicidal Riggs (Mel Gibson) is about to retire, but pulls Murtaugh (Danny Glover) out of retirement to solve one final case, before they both officially head off into the sunset.

Today, IGN spoke to actor Columbus Short who revealed that he is in talks to play Murtaugh's son in the film.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49446

Aren't they all too old for this shit by now?

Here are a few of Donner's quotes:

"Mel turned it down," Donner said. "I would like to think that Mel turned it down because I wasn't involved. Knowing Mel, I would like to think that. Would that be the kind of thing he does? It sure would be."

"It's too bad, actually, because Channing Gibson, who wrote the fourth one, and Mike Riva, a designer on three of them, and myself and Derek [Hoffman, an associate at The Donner Company] had an incredibly strong story for the fifth movie. But we weren't given the opportunity and I think maybe I could have convinced Mel to do it. But Warners chose to go with Joel Silver."

"Yes, the project is pretty much dead in the water unless someone had the sense to come to me."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=49672