Episode 19

RSS

Well, it feels like forever since I was able to listen to another episode of WFP, but the waiting is over. Sadly I can't find my VHS copy of Batman and Mr. Freeze: Subzero, so through memory I will add comments to what I hear on this episode. As soon as I buy this on DVD I will return and make my own thoughts on this.

For one, I hate you guys, lol I got nothing for Christmas and you got a kids dreams worth of movies and video game stuff, but hey good for you. My holiday season has just sucked. Same with New Years.

If you wanna save money on movies in the theaters than please email me and I'll give you 2 websites.

I enjoyed Static Shock, but The Zeta Project I never watched, hopefully Zeta Project will be released, because I do have plans to buy those two series, if anything by the time you are reviewing them.

In terms of the sub that crashed Freezes cave. That might have been a search party of sorts. Or maybe the military had no idea yet that they were killed. I believe Tara Strong plays the voice of Batgirl in Gotham Knights and Melissa Gilbert played the voice of Batgirl in the B:TAS. Robin's difference in personality in this one can probably mean that this episode takes place not too long before "Old Wounds". By this time Dick is at his wits end with Batman and acting out of character, closer to his Nightwing persona. The cure aspect of the story, could be possible. Mr Freeze has been in the Arctic for a while and away from anything to keep him up to date with Medical Advances. Perhaps during this period of time, they discovered a cure for the problem. Mr Freeze after all put her in Cryogenic state so they can take their time finding a cure.

I do love the Danny Elfman Batman movie theme, when I first saw this films trailer, it had a theatrical appeal. Perhaps Freezes suit lost some of its energy or juice and that's why the ice began to melt.

In Gotham Knights Freeze does mentioned that he made an attempt to be back with Nora, but after she discovered everything he did, she didn't want him at all. He was torn from this and that is his motivation for his plan in the Gotham Knights episode he was in. That was a terrible episode anyway, lol.

I think that Batman has known all along that Barbara is Batgirl, after all Barbara asked him to go to the ralley and help her father and when he says no, all of a sudden a Batgirl appears, you don't have to be a detective to figure that out.

With this film, it isn't Mask of the Phantasm, but it holds up well. Warner Brothers should have released this in theaters, it would have looked great on the big screen. I give this 6 out of 10

In Gotham Knights Freeze does mentioned that he made an attempt to be back with Nora, but after she discovered everything he did, she didn't want him at all. He was torn from this and that is his motivation for his plan in the Gotham Knights episode he was in. That was a terrible episode anyway, lol.

I knew I wasn't making that up!

I think that Batman has known all along that Barbara is Batgirl, after all Barbara asked him to go to the ralley and help her father and when he says no, all of a sudden a Batgirl appears, you don't have to be a detective to figure that out.

That's a great point!

I knew I wasn't making that up!

That's a great point!

I cheated I watched the episode "Cold Comfort" early, I will rewatch it when the time comes, but I was wrong. It is said that after Nora was cured Freeze never attempted to see her. She finally gave up waiting for him and married her doctor. Later Freeze says that he didn't go see her because he didn't feel he could with his body deteriating so quickly. Sorry for the confusion.

• 4 months later...
You guys mentioned Batman:The Ultimate Evil. I have a copy of it, it wasn't about land mines it was about child molestation. It was a very good book. And if the government did commission this, DC did a very good job with it.

Yeah, I have it on cassette tape.

• 3 years later...

I did enjoy this movie and maybe this sounds ignorant or naive but I couldn't help but feel like this was a three part or four part episode of BTAS. I did think it was a pretty good movie though. I really need to watch it again since this past Sat. was the first time that I've seen the film. Besides BTAS (as I have said on other threads) I am new to the DCAU.