Super Mario Bros.

RSS

Something else I forgot to mention.

Along with converting Daisy as Luigi's love interest into the games, the idea of both Luigi and Mario's last names being "Mario" was also used for some of the games, though is not officially part of canon.

So that's two, count em, two ideas that they took from the movie.

Ah, that was fun. Dubs and I will be doing another edition of the Tirades as soon as he rents the video game on which it will be based. :devil:

I already have. Goddamn you this is horrible.

Could you honestly see a live action version of The Mushroom Kingdom with mushroom Kombas, and not say it's looks retarded, like something that came out of The Muppets or Fraggle Rock?

I don't think so, and to be honest, the game has a vage plot, two italian plumbers must save a princess from a dragon. This was the only way to make the transitional move to film.

Could you honestly see a live action version of The Mushroom Kingdom with mushroom Kombas, and not say it's looks retarded, like something that came out of The Muppets or Fraggle Rock?

You better hope Jenny doesn't see your post. She'll come in here and thrash you good! :fight:

I don't think so, and to be honest, the game has a vage plot, two italian plumbers must save a princess from a dragon. This was the only way to make the transitional move to film.

Hence why I said:

However, you have led me into what I think is my main problem with the movie: this movie never should have been made, period. Super Mario Bros. is arguably the most popular video game franchise in history. But it does not lend itself to a live-action movie. It just doesn't. A cartoon movie, as you said, sure. But not live-action. As we have seen, what results from such an attempt is this steaming pile of compost that you and I suffered through.

Thank you all for reading our oozing sarcasm. We do it so you can laugh.

Nah, but seriously, this was awesome.

I'd love to see a live action Mario but only if it was shot with New Zealand doubling for the Mushroom Kingdom and with Peter Jackson directing. Mushroom, Hobbits, whats the diff? Just picture Hobbiton littered with drainpipes.