Episode 208

RSS

To celebrate their 11th anniversary in style (or as stylish as these two get), Jenny and Mike got in front of the microphone to discuss a comic book that is very near and dear to their hearts: Preacher! (More specifically, they focused on Gone to Texas, the first volume in the series.) [ 2:02:32 || 56.0 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_208.mp3

A few things first:

01. Yes, I know the review is a little rough around the edges. But you have to keep in mind that Jenny and I aren't used to covering comics together. So it's a learning process.

02. In the episode 206 feedback thread I said, "I know this is the second show since 200 with full songs, but don't get used to it." And that still holds true. The only time I'll use full songs is when it's a special episode (such as 200, and this one), or I don't have bumpers that directly pertain to the topic at hand (206 and, again, this one). Otherwise expect to hear short bumpers, such as theme songs and quotes.

First and foremost, congratulations to you both. Happy anniversary.

<Doctor Who nerd>

The 10th/5th Doctor special is called "Time Crash". It's all over Youtube, and it's well worth anyone's time.

</Doctor Who nerd>

Man, I hope you guys are able to continue reviewing Preacher. That series was a huge part of my college experience, and it's a huge trip going back.

Congrats again!

Oh my god, that lullabye Tool album is the greatest thing in the history of things.

Is "Hooker with a Penis" on it? If so, then I'd have to agree...

Sadly no, but "Sober" makes up for it..

Oh my god, that lullabye Tool album is the greatest thing in the history of things.

Is it? 'Cause I have a brand new niece whose music library is a little short on transvestite lullabyes.

Sadly no, but "Sober" makes up for it..

If Prison Sex was on it they'd be up on more than obscenity charges...

Is it? 'Cause I have a brand new niece whose music library is a little short on transvestite lullabyes.

Well, you could get Mutter by Rammstein, which has a song about a hermaphrodite on it. :ph34r:

Well, you could get Mutter by Rammstein, which has a song about a hermaphrodite on it. :ph34r:

That sounds doable. I figure I've probably got at least three more wholly inappropriate gifts before her parents ask me to stop coming around for a while.