Super Smash Bros. Brawl

RSS

Rather than write a review of Super Smash Bros. Brawl that consists of nothing but Caps Lock-acronyms and incalculable amounts of tildes and exclamation points (which I could do, but it really wouldn't be all that persuasive or enjoyable to read), I have elected to finally sit down and describe the many reasons why you should buy it. It is extremely difficult to remember a game for whose arrival I have awaited so anxiously. Maybe Kingdom Hearts II, but I don't think even that got me as excited as this game's prerelease time span. Perhaps it is because Brawl is not merely a game -- it is a cultural phenomenon. In one $49.95 package, it brings together video game icons from past and present, and allows you and any number of friends to beat the crap out of each other using them for a seemingly endless span of time. Or, you can amuse yourself for weeks trying to unlock everything this game hides. One sentence can sum up my love for Brawl: to date, it is the reason I own a Wii.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/v/super-smash-bros-brawl

An actual single-player mode would make me buy it. Hell, if the characters couldn't double-, triple- and even quadruple-jump back onto the platform I'd like the game. As it stands, I hate the fact that the game is based around knocking your opponent off a ledge, but everyone can seemingly fly / leap / whatever back onto it -- no matter how far away they are.

I don't know what a Jigglypuff is but I knows a gusher when I sees it. Sounds fun, James.

How much is the online connection for the Wii? I may actually be getting one of these. "Fun with the kids" he tells his wife!

The Wii's online service is free. But I think you will need to get a wireless adapter, which is like 40 bucks.