Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Missy

First, some ground rules. I am, as I assume all of you are, a big Star Wars fan and do not want the third and final installment ruined by spoilers. Having said that, I would appreciate it if spoilers and/or rumors were not posted in this thread. If someone wants to start a SWIII spoiler thread, I have no problem with it. Just make sure it is clearly labeled.

Everyone clear on that? Good.

The title of the film has been released, and it is: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith! Here's a shirt from StarWars.com to prove it:

sith.gif

The shirt and title were revealed at Comic-Con International (too bad I missed that panel!), and use the old Return of the Jedi logo as a model. What's really cool about this is the homage it pays to Jedi. For those who aren't in the know, Return of the Jedi was originally entitled Revenge of the Jedi -- posters were even made with this title. However, Lucas changed it at the last minute because (as rumors go) he decided that Jedi do not seek revenge.

All three of us are watching this closely. I just hope that if the spoilers are put in here, Logan or Yoda find them first!

Very cool to pay homage ot Revenge of the Jedi. I knew as soon as I saw the logo what they were doing. Beautiful!

All three of us are watching this closely. I just hope that if the spoilers are put in here, Logan or Yoda find them first!

Screw that! One of you two better see it first, 'cause I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'm sure it will be harsh.

With all of the killing that will go on in this movie, I fail to see how this could be bad. Unless they don't show the killing, like when Anakin went apeshit on the sand people in the last movie. I thought it maight be on the DVD as bonus content, but no.

In closing, Lucas won't show any of the actual killing. I hate you, Lucas, you fat idiot.

With this being the darkest chapter in the series, we will see death. However, it won't be gory (nor should it be), thanks to the fact that lightsabers cauterize wounds.

I've changed the title of this thread to simply Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

I have never been this excited for a film, EVER. The first Prequels I was going in expecting to be let down, so I didn't get excited. This will be the culmination of 6 years of waiting.... and well, I can't wait!! :)

There is no way they can fuck this up, I am however worried about the amount of stuff I think they need to fit in.

I am however worried about the amount of stuff I think they need to fit in.

Me too. At first it was rumored to be quite long, nearing three hours. But now word is that it will be the shortest of all the films. If true, this one will be packed to the brim so Lucas can tie up loose ends.

I am however worried about the amount of stuff I think they need to fit in.

Me too. At first it was rumored to be quite long, nearing three hours. But now word is that it will be the shortest of all the films. If true, this one will be packed to the brim so Lucas can tie up loose ends.

Man, I don't see how this thing can go under two hours. That boggles my mine.

With this being the darkest chapter in the series, we will see death. However, it won't be gory (nor should it be), thanks to the fact that lightsabers cauterize wounds.

I didn't mean gory death and blood everywhere. I just want to see people stabbed, and violently so. I felt so cheated when Anakin went apeshit on the sand people. I wanted to see him kill the men, women, and children, not leave it to my imagination.

I mean, we had to put up with him being a whiny bitch, I want something to offset him being such a whiny bitch-like seeing him killing all the sand people.

• 1 month later...
Actor Bids Fond Farewell to C-3PO

By Paul Majendie

LONDON (Reuters) - Bidding goodbye to the gold robot after almost 30 years, Anthony Daniels shed a nostalgic tear for the mechanical manservant who changed his life.

"Oh yes, it was with moisture. This was very much a fond farewell," Daniels said of his last scene as C-3PO, the android who became an icon in the "Star Wars" movies.

His last scene in the sixth and final film was hardly the heady stuff of magic for Daniels. Digital effects saw to that.

"I finished filming on the last film last week. For the final shot I walked along a blue corridor with a blue background behind me talking to someone who wasn't there." he said.

"Revenge of the Sith" is due out next May and completes a trilogy of pre-quels, which tell the back story of the original movie about a battle between good and evil in a distant galaxy.

Daniels makes no secret about his favorite of the six.

"The first film spoke to everyone on the planet. It still works as a funny, bright movie. It still has legs," he said of the films by U.S. director George Lucas.

When Lucas returned to the pre-quels, Daniels was not so sure.

"George's devotion to digital effects over-balanced the films. Too many digital funky characters become a little bit wearing. The storytelling always gets subsumed."

STRANGE IMMORTALITY

For the 58-year-old Daniels, playing a fastidious robot who sounds like a prissy English butler transformed his career.

"He (C-3PO) gave me that lead into a strange kind of immortality. People are very fond of him. His image has haunted me around the planet," he said.

There was also an undeniable sense of achievement from the self-deprecating British actor as he reflected on the squirming discomfort of clunking around the Tunisian desert in searing heat to make film history.

"He has been a best friend for me. He is going to live forever in the ether," he told Reuters in an interview.

Critics may have admired his on-screen chemistry with fellow robot R2-D2 but Daniels said: "I was talking to myself all the time. It was a very lonely experience. I was locked inside a box and had a friend who didn't speak to me."

The English stage actor was initially reluctant to audition for the part and even risked "losing his voice" to Hollywood star Richard Dreyfuss as Lucas contemplated dubbing him over.

"Now I have the honor of being the only person to have appeared in all of the movies and I have become the principal spokesman for them," he said.

For there is plenty of life left in the "Star Wars" phenomenon with the worldwide DVD launch of the first three movies on Sept. 20.

Just listening to Daniels' schedule is exhausting.

There is the Paris "Star Wars" convention, the "Star Wars" exhibition in Osaka, being inducted into the Robot Hall of Fame in Pittsburgh, joining forces with storm troopers in London to launch the DVD.

Then comes all the razzmatazz of the final pre-quel.

But nothing will erase his treasured memory of the first time he saw a sketch of the android he was to play.

"When I saw the painting by the design artist, the eyes of the character looked deep into my soul. He was a very forlorn figure with an abandoned air. He really did look into my soul. We made this tremendous contact."

"George's devotion to digital effects over-balanced the films. Too many digital funky characters become a little bit wearing. The storytelling always gets subsumed."

I whole-heartedly agree. I always thought the story in Episode 1 and 2 seemed weak because Lucas seemed more interested in the special effects than in the story itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a trailer. Someone must have made it because even though it says that it is from StarWars.com, the name of the movie is wrong. At the end it calls the movie "Rise of the Empire" instead of "Revenge of the Sith". It's fucking awesome though. There aren't any spoilers in it. If you want it, IM me at StipeForPrez.

• 3 weeks later...

The teaser will be running before the Disney/Pixar film The Incredibles, which opens nationwide on November 5.

However, if you're a member of Hyperspace, the StarWars.com fan club, you will be able to see the teaser online one day early! Here's the link so you can join.

WHA?!?!?! :grumble: It costs $40 to join. BAH! Fuck. That!

Edited by Master Yoda

The teaser will be running before the Disney/Pixar film The Incredibles, which opens nationwide on November 5.

However, if you're a member of Hyperspace, the StarWars.com fan club, you will be able to see the teaser online one day early! Here's the link so you can join.

WHA?!?!?! :grumble: It costs $40 to join. BAH! Fuck. That!

I was going to go see the Incredibles anyway, so this just adds some motivation.

Awesome.

• 3 months later...

Here are details on where you can finally see the full-length trailer:

March 10: Watch The O.C. on Fox. It will run during the show.

March 10: On StarWars.com after The O.C. However, you must be a member of the Hyperspace club or subscribe to AOL.

March 11: With Robots.

March 14: Non-Hyperspace members will be able to catch the trailer on StarWars.com.