New Inspector Gadget Cartoon

The Joker's Groupie

That's what I thought until yesterday. I used to think his entire body was robotic, except for his head. But when you think about it, shit comes out of there, too. So if his head is robotic, so is his brain. That makes him AI, not a cyborg.

Maybe he used to be a man, one whose memories were implanted into a robot body, hence his relation to Penny... unless she's also a robot. Memories or not, if his entire body (and brain) are robotic, if there's not one ounce of human tissue on him, he's a robot.

(Why am I over-thinking this?)

That's what I thought until yesterday. I used to think his entire body was robotic, except for his head. But when you think about it, shit comes out of there, too. So if his head is robotic, so is his brain. That makes him AI, not a cyborg.

Maybe he used to be a man, one whose memories were implanted into a robot body, hence his relation to Penny... unless she's also a robot. Memories or not, if his entire body (and brain) are robotic, if there's not one ounce of human tissue on him, he's a robot.

(Why am I over-thinking this?)

Dude.

It's INSPECTOR FUCKING GADGET.

:angel:

Honestly, Inspector Gadget uses that zany cartoon logic, so I don’t think arguments like “how else would a propeller fit in there” would even work. Doesn’t the propeller sprout from his hat anyway?

Anyways, for me it’s just like Darth Vader; the guy is mostly machine at this point, but he’s still human underneath it all. Exactly how much of him is human, I don’t know, but I still think he is.

It could have been AI.

He has a niece. And (I swear I rember this from a episode, not the movie*) I think there is a episode, refrencing, a doctor made him the way he is.

*You should reviesw the movies on the show.

EDIT: Mike, who says his brain is still in his head? It could be in his but! I see where you are coming from.... I kinda agree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As far as I'm concerned, the Inspector Gadget movies do not exist.

Even though I think you'd hate THAT too the Inspector Gadget 2 film was a major change from the '99 film. Yes, they still have a talking car and yes Dr. Claw's Claw is the same as the other film but Claw is never fully seen and has a gravel-y voice. Also Gadget nor anyone close to him ever calls him 'John Brown' he is JUST Inspector Gadget. Gadget is inept and Penny (and G2 the new lady Gadget) does/do much of the work. Although I personally liked the first film as an 7 or 8 year old (if I took it a face value as a different interpretation of a Gadget LIKE person and not really the real thing) I always thought Inspector Gadget 2 was how a Live Action Inspector Gadget should be. But perhaps I'll have to pullout my copy and see if I'll have to eat those words. :P

Not sure if I'm all for this new show though. I'll have to see more before I make a judgement.