What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Holy shit! One episode in and The Penguin RULES. Smart, funny, brilliantly-acted. I liked episode one more than I liked The Batman.

Stacy and I started Disclaimer, but it has the most infuriatingly confusing first episode that I will not watch more unless she wants to. And it doesn't seem like she wants to. People have mentioned to me it all makes sense after episode 2, which is entirely fine, but I better get some intrigue, cool characters and anything to keep me watching. It had none of those.

I watched three episodes of FROM. It seemed right up my alley, but I absolutely can't believe they kept this nonsense going for three seasons. Awful.

EVIL (also on Paramount+) has been on my list since I got the app, so i thought I'd give it a shot. I need to do something until the next Star Trek starts...Anyway, this is my new favourite show. I love Mike Colter, but hated Luke Cage. He's excellent in this. Katja Herbers is a revelation. Aasif Mandvi is awesome. Michael Emerson has my undying love thanks to Person of Interest, but his villainy here is amazing. And I love Christine Lahti and a bunch of other great character actors in this show. The only downside is the kids. The lead (Herbers) has FOUR daughters who, every time someone says something to them, all yell at the same time and it's a real misstep. I think it's supposed to be funny and cute, but it really is not. God, I hope they tone that down. Why does she need four daughters? Why not two? 

Also watching The Voice and I have to say Michael Buble and ESPECIALLY Snoop Dogg are incredible additions to the judge cast. Snoop makes me laugh out loud multiple times an episode.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images