What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Well this thread, if ever used will be the thread where you say what shows you are watching and if you are enjoying or would you recommend it.

I Just got through Dexter Season 1 and say if you haven't seen it, you are missing out on a fantastic show.

I just started, by started I mean am watching the first episode of the first season as I type this, Six Feet Under.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

good call on the TV thread however my TV shows list or watching enjoying and missing is quite long.

The Shield (Season7: The Final Act premieres tonight on FX)

Nash Bridges (Season 1 Coming to DVD Oct 14) MY FAV COP SHOW!!!!!

anything DCAU: B:TAS, S:TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice League, JLU

Smallville

Birds of Prey

Fastlane

Knight Rider

Airwolf

A-Team

Tiny Toon Adventures

SeaQuest DSV

NCIS

He-Man & She-Ra

Transformers G1 1984-1988

TMNT 1987

Thundercats

Voltron

M.A.S.K.

Spider-Man 1994

Iron Man 1994

X-Men 1992

I think that about covers it for now also I have DIRECTV and there's a channel on there called Investigation Discovery ID for short they have these great crime dramas on there my current fav is Wicked Attraction about criminal couples.

good call on the TV thread however my TV shows list or watching enjoying and missing is quite long.

Cool, I am watching one show at a time now through DVD sets that's why my list isn't as long as yours.

Smallville

Birds of Prey

I agree about these, I really enjoyed Birds Of Prey but the first episode was a bit crap.

I'm watching Smallville as well, though I'm watching the dvd sets and have still to get season 6.

More to be added.

Jenny and I are slowly making our way through Six Feet Under. This weekend we finally finished the third season. Without spoiling anything, those last few episodes of the season were gut-wrenching!

I've also been flying through Deep Space Nine. This morning I started watching the seventh episode of the fifth season ("Let He Who Is Without Sin..."). Though I'm not crazy about that episode (which I've seen before), the season (and series) as a whole has been great. I know this is blasphemy, but I think I like this series more than TNG! Both shows have great characters, but DS9 has an overall story, which I like from television.

BBC America is finally airing Dragon's Den, which I catch occasionally. Though I like seeing the cool inventions and business proposals, mostly I watch to see "the dragons" blast poor ideas and burst egos. During a recent episode (well, recent for the American market) a guy got on a soapbox and claimed the pursuit of money was ruining the environment, yet he had the balls to ask the five investors for $50,000 to market his water-saving invention. They quickly destroyed him, and basically told him to leave.

It's going a bit slow, but I'm making my way through the first season of Torchwood again. Despite the obvious flaws, I do enjoy it.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot to mention Project Runway! :P

Guest DCAUFan1051

Cool, I am watching one show at a time now through DVD sets that's why my list isn't as long as yours.

Smallville

Birds of Prey

I agree about these, I really enjoyed Birds Of Prey but the first episode was a bit crap.

I'm watching Smallville as well, though I'm watching the dvd sets and have still to get season 6.

More to be added.

well if I'd been on the forums earlier then when I joined I had an extra copy of SMVille S6 on DVD but sold it on ebay my list is complied mostly of shows I loved when I was a kid there are some in there that are still on air The Shield and Knight Rider is returning wooohooo I forgot to mention Law & Order and L&O: SVU most of the shows I mentioned I have on DVD or I'm getting on DVD

LOOKOUT SANTA my xmas list is long as hell this year. I joing the Columbia House DVD club and ordered most of my recent aquistions thru them. I'm gonna order Witchblade: The Complete Series next week.

the first episode of Birds Of Prey was ok I didn't think it was total crap hell the only saving grace would be Mark Hamill voicing the joker!!!!!! I like the series because it brought the batman mythos back into TV as far as live action I know it wasn't about Batman himself but it was a nice change. BESIDES DINA MEYER WAS HOT AS Batgirl/Oracle I'm surprised mike doesn't get it just for that lol and she's a REDHEAD!!!! lmao :D:D

I also watch Angel and The OC and North Shore I need to get the Complete Series sets for The OC and Angel

North Shore was never released on DVD yet grrrrrrr

I've seen certain episodes of JLA but I just discovered a playlist on youtube that has almost all the episodes...

So, I'm watching, JLU. From the beginning.

PS. I saw a few clips of Birds of Prey on YouTube, and they seemed pretty abysmal. I don't think Mark Hamill's voice fits a real-life Joker the way it elevated the animated Joker. Interesting dichotomy, but doesn't work for me, personally. The prologue felt little fan-made, like that grayson trailer on Youtube. The actress who plays Helena Wayne looked the part. Wish I could say the same about her acting!

Jenny and I are slowly making our way through Six Feet Under. This weekend we finally finished the third season. Without spoiling anything, those last few episodes of the season were gut-wrenching!

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get through a few episodes before I get into the show.

BBC America is finally airing Dragon's Den, which I catch occasionally. Though I like seeing the cool inventions and business proposals, mostly I watch to see "the dragons" blast poor ideas and burst egos. During a recent episode (well, recent for the American market) a guy got on a soapbox and claimed the pursuit of money was ruining the environment, yet he had the balls to ask the five investors for $50,000 to market his water-saving invention. They quickly destroyed him, and basically told him to leave.

Dragons Den is awesome!

The sixth season is airing over here and it is great seeing these deluded people trying to get the dragons money.

The best one I have ever seen was

This father telling the dragons that his 18 year old son was needing £150,000 to race! The Dragons then found out it was a continuous investment and in the end they would have to fork out over £500,000 for this kid to race, and possibly not win F1.

I really wish I was joking about that one.

Duncan Bannatyne is awesome.

Mike, who are the dragons on the show your watching? Have you got Debra Meading yet?

the first episode of Birds Of Prey was ok I didn't think it was total crap hell the only saving grace would be Mark Hamill voicing the joker!!!!!! I like the series because it brought the batman mythos back into TV as far as live action I know it wasn't about Batman himself but it was a nice change. BESIDES DINA MEYER WAS HOT AS Batgirl/Oracle I'm surprised mike doesn't get it just for that lol and she's a REDHEAD!!!! lmao :D:D

I also watch Angel and The OC and North Shore I need to get the Complete Series sets for The OC and Angel

North Shore was never released on DVD yet

Well the pilot was a bit dull, if I hadn't bought the set and saw that episode first, it would have got the Sarah Connor Chronichles treatment.

Also another gripe I had which I have with most shows, like Torchwood which my friend made me watch one episode of that, I hate shows that have two sets of titles.

Guest DCAUFan1051

what do u mean 2 titles? you mean the titles in different countries? like Batman Beyond in US and Batman of the Future in the UK?

only title I knew Birds Of Prey by was just that and BOP for short lol

what do u mean 2 titles? you mean the titles in different countries? like Batman Beyond in US and Batman of the Future in the UK?

I mean like intros.

Birds of prey had alfred talk about the birds of prey and then they would have a two minute bit, and then the song would start.

It's just stopping and starting the show and is so annoying.

I watched the season finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent the other day, and holy shit, John Glover rules. I'm aware that he ruled already, but he rules even more as Goren's former mentor. I was a little disappointed that we

didn't get to see one last Nicole Wallace/Robert Goren quid pro quo dialogue. Those always made for amazing, tense moments. It was just FUCKED UP, though, how they killed Wallace off. I mean...WOW.

But other than that, Glover and D'Onofrio steal the show. Brilliant episode.

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get through a few episodes before I get into the show.

Dragons Den is awesome!

The sixth season is airing over here and it is great seeing these deluded people trying to get the dragons money.

The best one I have ever seen was

This father telling the dragons that his 18 year old son was needing £150,000 to race! The Dragons then found out it was a continuous investment and in the end they would have to fork out over £500,000 for this kid to race, and possibly not win F1.

I really wish I was joking about that one.

Duncan Bannatyne is awesome.

Mike, who are the dragons on the show your watching? Have you got Debra Meading yet?

The Canadian version is the only show (other than The Office) that I watch regularly.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I mean like intros.

Birds of prey had alfred talk about the birds of prey and then they would have a two minute bit, and then the song would start.

It's just stopping and starting the show and is so annoying.

ohhhh I thought you meant the actual show names I agree to a pont I think the alfred part should have been playing over the entire intro as the cast is going by. I don't think that there's a single actor that hasn't done alfred justice even the 1966 Batman series alfred. The BOP alfred kind of reminded me of Michael Gough in Batman 1989

Mike: you had said in an episode of WFP that Nora Fries disease was never named what about the explaination in Batman & Robin? Mcgreggors Syndrome stage 1

YES I WENT THERE! lol

Guest DCAUFan1051
I think any attempt to explain something in another comic-related medium with something that happened in Batman & Robin should be met with a one-year suspension.

I wasn't going to be that harsh, but hell, I'll cast a "yay" vote for that one anyway. :D

mike never really answered the question tho did he MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol yea I know B&R sucked but hell it was Alicia Silverstone in almost purple leather woohoo

I think any attempt to explain something in another comic-related medium with something that happened in Batman & Robin should be met with a one-year suspension.

I wasn't going to be that harsh, but hell, I'll cast a "yay" vote for that one anyway. :D

mike never really answered the question tho did he MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol yea I know B&R sucked but hell it was Alicia Silverstone in almost purple leather woohoo

Yet the movie still sucked.

Ironically Schumacher on the commentary said he took influences for batman and robin from B:TAS.

Yes he really did say that.