What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suavestar how about hooking me up with the Spider-man show?

I've been watching It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia season 1 (my buddy bought the dvds for my b-day way back in August but I never got a chance to watch them because I was finishing up Batman The Animated Series) and I've laughed out loud at least once per episode every episode thus far. It's incredibly offensive, but also downright hilarious. Perfect for me.

So I started watching Spectacular Spider-Man today. I saw the first two episodes.

Definitely agree on Norman Osborne, the voice acting was excellent. I actually thought the voice acting all around was good. And who'd a thunk it, Robert Englund as Vulture. Nice.

Probably the worst thing about this show thus far, besides the character's faces looking just plain weird, is I think they're moving way too fast through the rogue's list. Yes Spidey has an extensive one, but still, the first episode was pretty heavily packed, especially for a pilot.

I'm a huge fan of the villain's designs thus far. I really liked the Vulture's design which seems to be taken from Marvel Knights Spider-man, and I liked Electro's design. Also this was probably the best incarnation of Electro in a cartoon, ever! I also really dig the multiple character developments with Eddie Brock being a really nice guy, Norman being built up as slimy from the beginning, Doc Ock and already making an appearance, and Doctor Connors getting some development in the second episode.

This is shaping up to be a really good and more importantly FUN show.

Robert Englund as the Vulture is awesome, however nothing beats when he played the Riddler in the Batman cartoon.

Finally watched Wall-E al the way through.

Another awesome Pixar movie.

The extra on the history of Pixar is an awesome and informative film in it's own right aswell so i'd say check these movies out if you haven't already.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Grosse Pointe Blank- just got it on DVD finally and I soooo love this movie

Watching The Detectives- another reality cop show based in NYC with REAL Detectives telling their experiences. Very good show.

Cold Blood- on the Investigation Discovery channel. There have been tons of shows on the ID network that I so enjoy watching.

and of course the regular shows I watch

My Own Worst Enemy

NCIS

The Shield Series Finale

Knight Rider

etc etc

Its not watching but it is most definitely enjoying. The Museum of Curiosity is a BBC Radio 4 show created by the insatiable fact-finders behind QI. Basically each show the host (QI creator) and the museum curator Bill Bailey (musical comedian) talk to a panel of three guests including everyone from Brian Blessed to particle physicists. Each guest offers up an item to be placed the museum, the only requirement is that it must be interesting. Its hilarious, extremely clever and very informative, I highly recommend it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just bought The Cosby Show The 25th Anniversary Collection DVD set which includes all 8 seasons and tons of bonus features including the 2002 TV special A Look Back: The Cosby Show

I'm gonna start watching this set in a few minutes it'll be my weekend goal to have all 8 seasons including the bonus features watched by Monday morning.

Guest DCAUFan1051
You're going to be brainwashed into buying so much Kodak Film and Jello Pudding Pops.

uh no I haven't bought film in ages that's what the iPhone is for

and jello well the pudding yes the pops nah. I liked the pudding cups better then the pops. Besides NO ONE on this forum can deny the comical and overall greatness of The Cosby Show...... I loved watching it when I was a kid and I'm gonna love watching it this weekend.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Besides NO ONE on this forum can deny the comical and overall greatness of The Cosby Show

Hello.

goodbye! not every post has to do with you suave :laugh: :D

Outside of ALF this was my favorite comedy TV show to watch when I was younger. I can't wait to start this

TheCosbyShow.jpg

Aliens of London/World War Three

- "900 years of time and space and I've never been slapped by someone's mother." :laugh:

- Man, Mickie gives Rose an earful and she completely no sells it. The way she just completely disregards everyone in favor of the Doctor really doesn't endear her as a character to me, even ignoring the fact that I grew to hate her later on. I think if the character were played by anyone else, I would have to fly into a rage every time she appeared on screen.

- The aliens here (the Sliven?) were pretty lame once they revealed themselves.

- I think there's actually a continuity error here. If I'm not mistaken, one of the aliens chasing them upstairs was the one posing as the Prime Minister, but then he's on TV moments later.

The Long Game

- Aside from a Simon Pegg appearance, pretty much a nothing episode.

- Adam was completely useless as a character, but that nurse that implanted him with the brain chip is oddly attractive.

- Man, Mickie gives Rose an earful and she completely no sells it. The way she just completely disregards everyone in favor of the Doctor really doesn't endear her as a character to me, even ignoring the fact that I grew to hate her later on. I think if the character were played by anyone else, I would have to fly into a rage every time she appeared on screen.

Listen to Bigger on the Inside this Sunday. We spend a few minutes talking about Rose's selfishness.

- The aliens here (the Sliven?) were pretty lame once they revealed themselves.

Though there's some deep stuff going on in this story, it's mostly silly monsters and fart jokes. :rolleyes:

- I think there's actually a continuity error here. If I'm not mistaken, one of the aliens chasing them upstairs was the one posing as the Prime Minister, but then he's on TV moments later.

I can't keep them straight.

Boom Town

- Not the fart aliens again...

- It was nice to see Rose and Mickie get a moment together, as brief as it was. I really like Mickie's blow up here, though it pisses me off even more now how their whole relationship ended up.

- The whole "you can't kill me" mind game really loses it's impact when you remember they killed all the others with a missile to the face and didn't even blink then. If a mass murderer tried that shit on me, I'll pull the switch in an instant, no hesitation. Without getting into a big discussion of the death penalty, I am of the opinion that certain people simply don't deserve to live. It's not a matter of moral high ground or entitlement of life. It's the elimination of someone that's done unspeakable damage to a society and slaughtered innocents. It's amazing to me how a guy that kills Daleks all the time without blinking can have such a quandary here, especially when she tries to kill him TWICE at dinner.

And that catches me up completely on series one.

New Earth

- Wet Billie Piper... :wub:

- Evil Billie Piper... :wub: :wub: :wub:

- They choose some of the weirdest characters to bring back.

- This whole "great secret" thing intrigues me. I haven't seen most of this season, so I imagine it's something I don't already know about.

Watched the movie Lets got to jail yesterday.

It's about a career criminal who gets back at the judge who always sentenced him for crimes multiple times by getting back to him, but the judge died so he goes after his son and sets him up for a crime amd gets him sent to prison and then trys to make the guys life hell.

It was alright, not a movie I'd ever watch again, but it was an OK timewaster.

Tooth and Claw

- Ninja monks~!

- Okay, huge plot hole here. So the wolf's plan is to bite the Queen so she'll pass on the disease or whatever, but no one notices that she's, you know... old and isn't having any more children? Even if the werewolf raped her (our hits just went up with that one) it wouldn't have worked.