Yogi Bear

JackFetch

NEW YORK -- Warner Bros. is taking a trip to Jellystone Park.

The studio is developing a feature version of "Yogi Bear," the classic Hanna-Barbera cartoon, and "Surf's Up" co-helmer/co-writer Ash Brannon is attached to direct.

Endeavor-repped Joshua Sternin and Jeffrey Ventimilia, who exec produced "That '70s Show" and are writing the feature "Tooth Fairy" for Fox, are penning the screenplay. Donald De Line is producing via his De Line Pictures; Karen Rosenfelt is also producing, with Jon Berg overseeing for Warners.

The project, culled from Warners' vast library, is planned as a live-action/animated hybrid along the lines of Fox's 2007 hit "Alvin & the Chipmunks." Much of the movie will be live-action, but Yogi Bear and sidekick Boo Boo will be done in CG.

Yogi Bear first appeared as a supporting character in 1958 in another classic cartoon, "The Huckleberry Hound Show." In 1961, he got his own show, which has aired in reruns frequently during the past half-century.

Yogi's exploits take place in Jellystone Park, where he and Boo Boo get into good-natured mischief and must elude their nemesis, Ranger Smith.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...e19be5cf2a23022

I just hope they put some pants on him.

Nah, he's good but some of his projects are questionable. Watch Stranger Than Fiction for his good stuff.

The idea behind that film intrigues me, but he's in it. So I doubt I'll ever see it.

Plus Anchorman is wicked.

Not that I liked him beforehand, but that's the movie that really turned me off of Ferrell.