Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

It's a shame you didn't really dig Devil-Slayer, DW. The first issue was really great, so I'd suggest giving that one a read and then maybe rereading #2.

If memory serves, I've already ordered The End League trade paperback, so it's more than a little disheartening to hear that the series (or, at least, this issue) blows.

Crossed didn't bore the piss out of me and have such a predictable story. I wanted to like Devil Slayer, especially after hearing the praise you guys gave the first issue, but it did nothing for me. I didn't hate it, it was just a meaningless issue. I may still give the trade a look.

Incidentally, Dr. Sivana should be a much higher profile supervillain than he is. Captain Marvel has a truly bizarre rogues' gallery, and they really should get more play than they do.

I just looked some of them up. An evil worm? Like, seriously?

As far as the GL book goes, I have to say it was a rather splendid final issue in a ho-hum story arc. I suppose after the Sinestro Corps War (easily the best comic story of last year) just about anything would be subpar.

I feel like this would have been a spectacular 4 or five issue series instead of seven.

I love Ivan Reis. Him and Van Sciver back and forth on this book (throw in a little McKone) and it's one of the best rendered books on the market consistently.