Episode 01

RSS

Exactly 45 years ago today Doctor Who debuted on the BBC, and it quickly became a cultural phenomenon. Now, all these decades later, Earth-2.net launches Bigger on the Inside -- a deep, analytical look at the program and its impact on the world. Starting off, the duo explores "An Unearthly Child," the four-part serial that introduced the world to the Doctor. [ 50:29 || 23.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggeronth.../bigger_001.mp3

When's this likely to hit iTunes?

Speaking of iTunes, a lot of broadcast networks place all their various shows under a single overall banner, like the Simply Syndicated network do. What with Earth-2.net producing 5 podcasts now it might be a good idea to try and get something similar set up, to promote the cross-pollination of potential listeners searching through iTunes.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Exactly 45 years ago today Doctor Who debuted on the BBC, and it quickly became a cultural phenomenon. Now, all these decades later, Earth-2.net launches Bigger on the Inside -- a deep, analytical look at the program and its impact on the world. Starting off, the duo explores "An Unearthly Child," the four-part serial that introduced the world to the Doctor. [ 50:29 || 23.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggeronth.../bigger_001.mp3

is this an "on site" only podcast????? it doesn't come up in iTunes when I search for it !!!!!!

When's this likely to hit iTunes?

Speaking of iTunes, a lot of broadcast networks place all their various shows under a single overall banner, like the Simply Syndicated network do. What with Earth-2.net producing 5 podcasts now it might be a good idea to try and get something similar set up, to promote the cross-pollination of potential listeners searching through iTunes.

It does, actually. Type in Earth-2 and you get both the main site podcast, and a stream of all podcasts hosted on the network under "Earth-2.net presents". I subscribe separately to the podcasts because it looked niftier on my (still unreturned) iPod, but it is a good feature.

Great stuff. I assume you guys will be doing one story per episode? And is this staying on Sundays?

The plan right now is to do one story per episode, yeah. Which means the earliest we look to be wrapping things up would be about 2016, depending on how long the new show lasts. No, that's not a typo.

I believe we'll be staying on Sundays, yes (that is, the boss hasn't said different). This is gonna be a biweekly cast.

Is hasn't said different). This is gonna be a biweekly cast.

Sorry, in this country biweekly means twice a week. Presume you mean fortnightly.

Re the unified iTunes feed thanks for pointing that out guys, I didn't know it was there. However what I was thinking of was a unified page of introduction, like you get if you look up a specific band or podcast group. It doesn't actually list the individual shows, it just displays the graphic for each podcast and a text background on the source. This is linked too as an overall creator in addition to the specific presenters of each show and links to this page are placed on each of the individual podcast pages. Its a neat feature that gives the whole thing a more official look.

To get what I mean type in Make it so and then click the link that says Simply Syndicated.

To answer some questions and comments:

This will air every other Sunday. So, yes, it's fortnightly.

The official iTunes Bigger on the Inside store should be active within the week. Currently you can get it through Earth-2.net and the Earth-2.net Presents... iTunes page.

For the time being we'll do one story per episode. However, that might change quickly. This first episode was all about "An Unearthly Child" and the next will be "The Daleks." After that, though, is "The Edge of Destruction" which is only two parts, so I don't see us devoting an entire episode to just that. Meaning the third episode of Bigger on the Inside will most likely cover "The Edge of Destruction" and the seven-part "Marco Polo." From the fourth episode onward, we'll go back to one story per show, but after a while the stories become four episodes each. At that point we'll probably cover two stories per Bigger on the Inside. If we don't combine some stories, as Dan noted earlier, we won't catch up with where they are now until 2016.

DW: Off the air, Dan and I have joked about how old we'll be by the time we reach the modern episodes.

Stavros: Do you know how to create an iTunes store like that? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Now a question for all of you: What did you think of the "Bigger on the Inside presents [insert story title]" opening? Instead of saying "Welcome to Bigger on the Inside, episode [insert number]," we thought we'd try something new.

Oh, and here's the iTunes banner image:

itunes-banner.jpg

Now that I've got over the shock and had a chance to listen to this all the way through I can comment. Fine guys, one storyline per episode seems fair and I like the shorter running time than most Earth-2 stuff. I probably won't watch all of the shows to accompany the episodes but I'll certainly keep listening to Bigger On The Inside.

Amazing episode guys! The opening theme is awesome...is it the theme from the 5th Doctor (Davison)? I downloaded a bunch of Doctor Who themes on ITunes, but could not find the exact theme. Is there a place you can direct me to in order to download it? I get that special tingly sensation when I hear that version of the theme...not THAT type of tingly sensation...oh well...let's just say it makes me feel about 10 years old again...ah crap, let's just say I like it and leave it at that.