Episode 289

RSS

The Marvels Premiere HC does not have the 200 pages of bonus material. That collection is the Marvels 10th Anniversary HC. It contains the original proposals, scripts for each issue, introductions to the scripts by various creators, Alex Ross' sketches, and a look at Alex's artisitc process. It is slightly oversized, having the same dimensions as Marvel's Visionaries line. I picked it up for $12 at last year's Baltimore Comic Con and it was how I read Marvels for the first time. Being a big fan of the Silver Age, I absolutely loved it.

Yeah, Mike and I discussed which version had the crapload of bonus material, and we eventually came to the conclusion that I was, in fact, talking out of my ass.

I'm sure it was edited out because listening to Mike look things up online makes for riveting listening.

• 10 years later...

I've been going back and listening to old episodes of the show, and this one finally gave me a reason to sit down and read Marvels, which was great. 

I decided to resurrect this thread here because I was surprised nobody mentioned (or maybe even noticed, but I doubt that one, especially in the years since this episode) that Clark Kent is in attendance at Reed and Sue's wedding. I thought that was a cool Easter egg, I love stuff like that. 

Like I said, I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, but thought I'd mention it anyway

20190422_061513.png