Shrek 4

JackFetch

Alex Litel's Lackluster Emporium has come upon a copyright pre-registration for DreamWorks Animation's Shrek Goes Fourth which may give our first look where the studio is headed with the story:

After challenging an evil dragon, rescuing a beautiful princess and saving your in-laws' kingdom, what's an ogre to do? Well, if you're Shrek, you suddenly wind up a domesticated family man. Instead of scaring villagers away like he used to, a reluctant Shrek now agrees to autograph pitch forks. What's happened to this ogre's roar? Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre," Shrek is duped into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumplestiltskin. Shrek suddenly finds himself in a in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumplestiltskin is king and Shrek and Fiona have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all he's done in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world and reclaiming his one True Love.

DreamWorks Animation is eyeing a May 21, 2010 release in conventional and IMAX theaters.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53135

• 1 year later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Was there really clamoring for another Shrek movie? Especially after how godawful three was?

After someone said to me on facebook that it feels rushed. Shrek 4 is basically the same thing as Shrek 3. All you have to do is replace Rumplestilskin with the fairy godmother and it's the same plot essentially. I'll still give it a DVD watch.

Was there really clamoring for another Shrek movie? Especially after how godawful three was?

After someone said to me on facebook that it feels rushed. Shrek 4 is basically the same thing as Shrek 3. All you have to do is replace Rumplestilskin with the fairy godmother and it's the same plot essentially. I'll still give it a DVD watch.

Wasn't that 2? 3 was about taking over the castle and having to find Arthur.

I've only seen the first one and parts of the second, I just never got in to the Shrek movies. I think Dreamworks lost it when they tried to compete with Pixar head on. Road to Eldorado was really good, Antz was ok, but other than that, their animated pics really haven't grabbed me. Apparently Madagascar is good, but I haven't seen it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MY GOD! Three dimensional Blu-Ray you say? How awesomely wonderful!

My family will probably want to sit through the fourth on, so I'll give it a go. 1 & 2 were both good, 3 was terrible, I hope they get back into a little more of the risque humor from 1.

shrekposter4small.th.jpg

They also announced that they are converting the first 3 movies to 3d for the Blu-Ray releases.

And everyone's "O-KAY" with this??? DID I MISS SOMETHING HERE?!?

Calm down, Timon.

The studios are clearly signed up to this 3D fad as it's an obvious, lazy cash-grab. My regular bus service has just started advertising Space Chimps 2 - "in 3D!!!!!!" Maybe I'm getting on a bit as a 24 year-old, but I don't exactly recall a time when the masses were clamouring for a sequel to Space Chimps. In fact, I distinctly remember Space Chimps being described as a creative nadir at a time when more successful CBMs were being released.

As for the Shrek franchise, I stopped caring halfway through Shrek 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Wasn't that 2? 3 was about taking over the castle and having to find Arthur.

you're right I was watching them the other day on TBS and they played them back to back to back but the way they did it was 2-3-2..... ugh!!

• 2 weeks later...