Episode 53

RSS

This week, Agent West nearly redeems himself ("Westbound"), Ro attempts to impress her first foster family ("Hicksburg"), Zeta has to fend off Infiltration Unit 7 and Batman ("Shadows"), the duo gets mixed up in a kidnapping ("Crime Waves") and then they have to escape both the NSA and a bounty hunter ("Taffy Time"). [ 59:06 || 27.2 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_053.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

is it just me or is The Zeta Project reviews going faster then the STAS and BB? By this I mean the actual podcast episodes seem to be very short. you guys do 5 episodes generally each show and this one seemed like the first episode was done in like under a minute not vounting the DVD audio. I dunno... I'm not complaining I'm just wondering. Then again I didn't look at th lngth of the ep either.

I know it's been said before but when will be the last ep of zeta for WFP?

Unlike BTAS and the other shows so far, there just isn't a lot to say about Zeta. That doesn't mean it's a bad show, but there isn't a lot of depth to it, which means our reviews are shorter.

And the last Zeta-centric episode of WFP is 56.

Thanks for pointing that out, Graham. That was something I meant to mention but forgot.

I know I flubbed my explanation of why Krick's plan was so dumb, but I remembered why I felt this way.

He says, "I've worked too hard to lose you to those clowns." Well....um, that's who you're going to have to turn Zeta in to in order to collect your reward, moe-ron.

Unlike BTAS and the other shows so far, there just isn't a lot to say about Zeta. That doesn't mean it's a bad show, but there isn't a lot of depth to it, which means our reviews are shorter.

And the last Zeta-centric episode of WFP is 56.

Thanks for pointing that out, Graham. That was something I meant to mention but forgot.

I can see that. There also isn't a whole lot brought to the show, or the characters, in way of a backstory and history. You can't say "Well, such and such character was written this way back in such and such issue of such and such book" the way you can with the previous shows, even sort of with Batman Beyond. And in Beyond you did have older characters and whatnot brought in and referenced.

When talking about the "Hicksburg" episode you mentioned confusion at why Ro was talking so bad about her foster sister, acting all nice-nice when they meet, and then argue later on. As a guy with a brother and sisters, and a girlfriend with a large family, I believe this is totally normal. I and my sisters hate my brother, and he has no idea. Same deal with my girlfriend and her WHOLE FAMILY. They always have terrible things to say about their extended family, but any time they have to get together for a wedding or funeral, everyone's all happy and nice. Eventually a fight breaks out, and everyone goes home till the next gathering, and the cycle begins again.

In other words... it's a family thing.