Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Blackest Night: Batman. I want the person pencilling that to be pencilling Batman this time next year, I thought his art was really good, and better than the shit Bagley is turning out right now. But yeah, when I read it, it didn't feel like a crappy tie-in.

Doom Patrol: I'm getting the first issue cause Des said to. Otherwise, I'm not a fan of team books.

Incredible Hercules: Doesn't seem like my thing.

Titans: Well, I'm not suprised it's shit, the cover is fucking shit and makes Flash look a character from Street Fighter.

His style sometimes reminded me of Sean Chen's, which is okay, but not right for Batman in my opinion.

Do you think Bagley is right for Batman, his work right now is piss poor, but so's Winicks writing there so that's just a crap book right now anyway.

Just looked up some Chen stuff, it's alright, I can see somewhat a comparison.

Anyway, if not Batman, this guy should get a good level book, like Red Robin, or Green Lantern Corps, something to sink his teeth into, but not have the pressure of not living up to the main DC titles.

Do you think Bagley is right for Batman, his work right now is piss poor, but so's Winicks writing there so that's just a crap book right now anyway.

I haven't seen his Batman stuff, but I haven't been keen on Bags for a little while now. Seems like he needs a break.

Bagley's Batman looked off in the JLA promo art. I thought his Green Lantern was really good though, I'd like to see him on there.

I'm interested to see Syaf's DC work, as his art on Dresden Files was a little too Image/Top Cow for my taste.

"Replacement Thor" looks great. I'll be picking up the trade.

Am I the only one who found Damian's design annoying (mostly his hair) in Blackest Night: Batman? I just don't like how he looked when he was in the batmobile arguing with Deadman in Batman's body, his hair was all stuck up. In the beginning of the issue, in the part where Batman and Robin are getting the bodies of the Waynes, Robin sort of looks like how Tim Drake was when he was Robin, with all that rain flattening his hair and making it sort of longer, and just that part being darker, was just making his costume and everything look like he was the Tim Drake Robin. He looks older in this than he does in Batman And Robin. Other than all that, the art in this book is just fantastic.

Damian_Wayne_as_Robin.jpg

This is my Damian Wayne/Robin

picture5vyz.jpg

Where as this isn't my Robin

Oh, regarding Dan's statement that assigning him Titans #16 was punishment for him picking the forthcoming Cable TPB, when I sent him the two books, I also wrote this:

For making me read the Cable TPB, I was going to be an evil overlord and assign you Dominic Fortune #1 (by Mr. Cabbage Patch) and Cable #17 (see artwork below), but I decided to keep my evilness in check. (I think... I mean, these comics might wind up sucking, but at least Titans as a lot of ass shots of Starfire. That has to count for something.)

yikes.jpg

So it wasn't meant as revenge, it just wound up being that way. :P

EDIT: Yes, that's an actual panel from Cable #17.

Edited by Yoda

I agree with people that say that the art in Blackest Night: Batman is better than the art in the other Batman books right now.

Better than Frank Quitely and J.H. Williams III? :huh:

Don't get me wrong, Frank Quitely's art is great, but yeah, I still like the art in Blackest Night: Batman more. One question, you mentioned J.H. Williams III, what Batman book is he working on?

Detective Comics.

detective854.jpg

I haven't read that Batwoman stuff. So I don't know exactly how good that art is, but I do know that it is sort of unique. I think I'll wait for the trade with that one, but if it's good enough for a monthly pick up, than please tell me. I'm a guy that likes trades and the monthly issues. If a comic completely sucks than I will not get it in any of those two formats, if it's average, I will get it in trade format, if slightly beyond average than I will get the monthlies, if it's extremely awesome, I will get it in trade and monthly issues. But those rules for me change depending on prices and getting the trade depends on if the trades will be released in hardcover or paperback format or both and when they will be released. For Batwoman, I don't know if I should buy it at all or in trade or monthly issues format, and when the first trade comes out, if it's in hardcover and paperback, I will not know which one to choose. If I decide to go into the monthly issues, than I will start with the next story arc. I know J.H. Williams III is a great artist, but this art for this comic is supposed to be different, but I don't know how different than his past Batman work. I don't know if Greg Rucka is doing well with this story. I sort of am mad that Detective Comics switched to Batwoman, cause I loved Detective Comics in the last decade or so, it had some of the best Batman stories, some of the best were made by Paul Dini, and that was some of his best Batman work (besides what he has done in the DCAU), but luckily he has Gotham City Sirens and Batman Streets of Gotham now. I really like Paul Dini, and the best person at writing stories with Damian Wayne besides Grant Morrison is Paul Dini. You know with that line Damian had said to Batman and Harley that went something like; "She's annoying, can I rip her tongue out now?". I'm not liking Damian Wayne in any way at all in Blackest Night: Batman.

If your a person that equally likes monthly issues and trades just like me, and has read the last few issues of Detective Comics, please tell me if I should get into this series, if so, should I get the trades that will come out in the future or get the monthlies or both.

I haven't read the current Detective Comics, but I have heard nothing but great things. Everywhere I turn online, someone is raving about that series. So I would say drop the $3.99 on a single issue (#856 will be released tomorrow), and decide from there.

I haven't read the current Detective Comics, but I have heard nothing but great things. Everywhere I turn online, someone is raving about that series. So I would say drop the $3.99 on a single issue (#856 will be released tomorrow), and decide from there.

I have been buying all the Batman monthly series issues right now, and like half of them are $3.99 each, so I don't think I want to add another $4 issue series to all the comic books I am buying every month. And I have been trying choose one of the Batman comic book series to stop buying so I can save up more money for other stuff. I believe I have to maybe stop buying Gotham City Sirens. It's a good series but not good enough. For all the Batman books that are mainly about Batman, it's not whether it's a good story or not, it's just that I need my Batman fix and I love collecting those issues. So it ends up to me should I choose Batwoman or Gotham City Sirens for collecting monthly issues? Whatever one I decide to not read in issue format, I will instead buy the trades. Batwoman Detective Comics or Gotham City Sirens?

Drop Sirens, buy Detective. The J.H. Williams III art is worth the $4 by itself.

This.

Sirens is shit anyway. Streets is heading in that direction.

Also, I never said Williams art6 wasn't awesome(Which it is) or Quietlys art isn'god damn nice(It is) I'm saying I like the guys art and he should be the artist on one of the floundering books, not the good ones.