Episode 23

RSS

Hey guys, great show yet again :-)

I really need to see the Ice Warriors again, that clip you played at the end was really cool. Also, the chap who plays Penley is a bit of a national treasure over here in the UK, being the voice of wacky inventor Wallace in the animated short film series Wallace and Gromit, so it's kinda cool to see him in the flesh without having to watch Last of the Summer Wine.

(It's funny how often it's easy to use the word "cool" when talking about the Ice Warriors!)

Thought you'd also like to know that as well as the Fifth Doctor meeting an evil double, Tom Baker does as well in Meglos... though his double's original form is slightly, erm, different....

Laters!

another great episode. I also love the Ice Warriors, and hope they reappear at some point (I somehow doubt they'll appear in Waters of Mars, although I'd love to be wrong about it). It's a bit odd though, because the actor playing the lead Ice Warrior, Varga, is probably best known in the UK for playing slightly dumb characters in the long running "Carry On" Film series...very much playing against type.

The reason the reconstruction was so good, with such good audio, was that it was made for an official BBC video release in the 1990's, so was allowed to use cleaned up audio and all the best pictures (whereas the fan made ones can't legally use the digitally cleaned audio).

Enemy of the world is entertaining....sadly the one episode that exists is obviously the "cheap" episode (the budget can't even stretch for a cell, so people are kept prisoner in a corridor??).

Regarding news about the new series, the only new thing coming up is the new Logo being revealed tomorrow (Tuesday 6th).

A good story coming up next week though, one of my faves (and of course see's a popular characters debut).

No, that's cool. I'm just shocked that someone (though I'm not naming names) didn't tell me about this announcement sooner.

Um, oh yeah. Um, Mike, They're changing the logo and stuff this week.

Does that include the overusage of Daleks?

No. A Dalek story was the first thing Smith filmed.

No, that's cool. I'm just shocked that someone (though I'm not naming names) didn't tell me about this announcement sooner.

Um, oh yeah. Um, Mike, They're changing the logo and stuff this week.

WOW! You don't say?!

In all fairness, I knew about the new logo, but this is the first time I've heard it was being released so soon.

All joking aside, I've known that a new title sequence was coming, so I suspected a new logo would accompany that. But, yeah, I'm shocked that we're going to be seeing it tomorrow! :w00t:

lol...to be fair, it was only announced today that it was being released tomorrow.

here's the page that the announcement will be made (8am our time, which is...what...3am Eastern time?).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/videos/video_new_logo

there's also a nice video showing all the previous logo's

We in the States can't see the videos on the site. :(

Ah...that's a shame, still it was only a video showing the logos that have appeared before. I haven't seen it posted elsewhere.

There's a nice photogallery of the logos on there that shows the same material

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/features/galleries/gallery_logos

Out of interest, are we talking Adham's gutteral Russian accent from FYEO 14 or a more generic villainous voice?

I should also add that the lead Ice Warrior is played by Bernard Bresslaw, who was a regular lead actor in the Carry On film series in the 60s & 70s.