Siege *potential spoilers*

Missy

As I told Des the other day, I'm actually pretty excited by this event. Osborn storming Asgard? Oh, I cannot wait for those fights, especially Ares mixing it up with the Norse gods!

And now Marvel just went and posted this teaser image:

10082new_storyimage-26742257|527.0092226614x800.jpg

With Bucky as the new Captain America, that leaves a lot of questions as to where the returning Steve Rogers fits in. But this image might suggest an answer; hopefully once Siege is done and Norman Osborn has been dethroned, Steve will become the new Iron Patriot.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Secret Invasion was essentially an issue of plot, I'm thinking this one will be done in three panels:

Panel 1. Norman as Iron patriot and everyone else in the registered Marvel Universe standing at the gates of Asgard looking tough.

Norman: GIVE UP, THOR! WE'VE GOT YOU SURROUNDED.

Panel 2. Thor smashing Norman in the face with Mjolnir.

Thor: I SAY THEE NAY, NORM!

Panel 3. Thor stands triumphant. Osborn is smoldering in a pile of rubble. All the other heroes walk around whistling with their hands in their pockets and looking at the sky.

Caption: JOIN US NEXT MONTH FOR THE EVENT OF THE YEAR. ATLANTIS ATTACKS, THE VIBRANIUM FACTOR, DISASSEMBLED, HOUSE OF M, CIVIL WAR, SECRET INVASION, DARK REIGN, IT'S ALL BEEN LEADING TO THIS: THOR, GOD OF REIGN!

I can't get mad at Steve coming back to being Cap like I am with Barry coming back. Brubaker has said in a couple of interviews that he'd originally planned to have Steve back in about six months but was later convinced to postpone it (a wise choice in my opinion.). It's something that has always been in the cards. Besides, Bucky will probably be around in some degree, I'd say as the new Nomad if it weren't for the female Bucky taking that mantle.

Whilst character-wise I'd prefer Bucky to remain Cap and Steve to be Iron Patriot there is a slight power discrepancy there. If one of those guys needs a billion-dollar war-suit to survive superhero fights it really isn't Steve.

I thought Steve might straight-up be the new Iron Man (given the state of Stark right now) but that gauntlet does appear to have a wrist-based shield generator, so he probably will be some sort of Iron Cap.

You mean that it's all been building to this? Maybe you're saying that the Marvel Universe will never be the same?

That's a bold announcement. Though this event seems to be completely different than everything that Marvel has done since Avengers: Disassembled, so I guess I'm inclined to agree with you. There's no way this won't change everything.

If anything, I'd almost say that it's shaping up to return close to where it was Disassembled. Let's look:

• Steve's alive.-Check
  • Asgard is in existence. -Check
  • Heroes working together. -Check
  • Heroes acting less gray. -Check
  • Wolverine only appearing in about five titles a month. -Check
  • Dr. Doom is a force to be feared. -Check
  • The Fantastic Four are a slightly functional family. -Check
  • Jean Grey is alive and well. -Getting there