Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuntman Jeremy Fitzgerald had a big chunk of his scalp lopped off Friday during a stunt on the set of The Avengers.

Fitzgerald was supposed to fall 30 feet off a building for the stunt but caught his foot on the way down, causing his head to slam into a brick. He tells TMZ that his injuries could have been more severe had he landed on a nearby rain gutter.

Fitzgerald was given a bandage for his wound and went back to work. A Marvel spokesperson told TMZ, "[Jeremy] was fine. He slid briefly along the side of the building. He got right back up and did several more takes."

Stuntmen are badasses. It's a shame their job is being taken over by GGI.

I keep hearing how great a show Community is. I'd love to give it a try, especially because I'm a big fan of John Oliver (The Love Guru, The Smurfs), but I can't see it on any UK channels and the DVDs aren't on LOVEFiLM. Is praying to the internet fairy my only option?

The Comic-con 2011 schedule is starting to go up. The thing that got me most excited: Warners is going to start releasing Looney Tunes on Blu-Ray in what is being called the Platinum Collection. Can't wait to find out if it's just a repackaging of the Gold Collection with some new extras and remastering or if it's going to be an entirely new set all together.

BTW, I think it goes without saying that if you want to discuss any of the comics stuff on the schedule to do it over in the appropriate threads.