Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Johansson plays an alien on earth, disguised as the perfect aesthetic form of a mesmerizing woman.

Is this supposed to be an autobiography?

I'm watching 2 Broke Girls. My God it's horrible. Why would Kat Dennings do this trash? She was becoming the new "It Girl" of Hollywood and stopped to do this?

IT'S SO BAD.

And her evil lipstick makes her seriously look horrifyingly unattractive.

In retrospect even Rifftrax can't save Revenge of the Sith. And Rifftrax saved every single Twilight movie AND High School Musical. It's the stiffest most boring and poorly acted film of it's budget range.

Attack of the Clones.

See, at least Attack of the Clones had no supposed emotional stakes. I could get why there were shitty performances because there was nothing to perform. In Sith these great actors are actually give stuff to do and Lucas STILL manages to make them shit. All the high drama and symbolism, everything this one had going for it and Lucas still fucked it all up. It's inexcusable.

In retrospect even Rifftrax can't save Revenge of the Sith. And Rifftrax saved every single Twilight movie AND High School Musical. It's the stiffest most boring and poorly acted film of it's budget range.

Attack of the Clones.

See, at least Attack of the Clones had no supposed emotional stakes. I could get why there were shitty performances because there was nothing to perform. In Sith these great actors are actually give stuff to do and Lucas STILL manages to make them shit. All the high drama and symbolism, everything this one had going for it and Lucas still fucked it all up. It's inexcusable.

So, Padme and Anakin falling in love against Jedi rules wasn't high stakes? Or Anakin losing his hand, and taking his first steps towards the Dark Side were not high stakes?

That entire trilogy was just bland, so saying one sucked more than the other is like saying which do you prefer, kick in the groin, or a punch in the face.

I think it's mostly the fault of George Lucas being the screenwriter, exec producer, and director. GL's ideas work amazingly well when he deals with the "general" details and has other people focus on the hands-on stuff (as in Empire, Jedi, the Indy trilogy, etc.). If you read the Revenge of the Sith novelization, it's flat-out amazing because it basically takes the story and re-tells it from a mythical, psychological, and character-based perspective, and it does it with a kind of brilliance that far exceeds any of the Star Wars films (except for maybe Empire).

The good news is that with the way Lucasfilm is currently set up, George is still heavily involved, but only in a general overarching manner. He delegates the actual scriptwriting and directing to other people. Also, he's much more lenient on what he actually allows in the SW universe. (He personally put a couple of references to Knights of the Old Republic in The Clone Wars, which surprised everyone) So if and when more Star Wars live-action comes out, it should follow the example of the best of Star Wars, rather than the prequels.

Pretty much. How the hell does that get bumped while Whitney gets a full season order?

At the least we're seeing whatever of the season got bumped when 30 Rock comes back. Betting this is going to be the last season, though. :(

(Side note: This is why I need to stop watching TV shows. They always get cancelled the season I start watching.)