Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Stavros

ScottPilgrimVsTheWorldTeaserPoster.jpg

Scott Pilgrim is one of my favourite books. Edger Wright is the director I would have picked if allowed to fantasy-book this production. All the buzz is great, all the vlogs are fun, I'm seriously more hyped for this film than any other this summer. Its gonna rule!

If Michael Cera is putting anyone off its absolutely not his typical film role. This is a indie hipster music obsessed video-game influenced old school beat-em-up based around the relationships of its characters. Its hella fun, and I highly advise checking out the books if you haven't yet.

Also they've announced the release of the final book, Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour, just before the movie on 20th July.

sp6final_500.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just coming to post that. Looks SICK.

Its got Anne from Arrested Development in it! Awesome. Edger Wright may well cement himself as my favourite filmmaker if he nails this. The little he has done in the last ten years has all be top notch.

Couple of other short things Mr Wright has done-

Music video for his former Girlfriend Charlotte Hatherley (former member of UK band Ash)

Trailer for Tarantino & Rodriguez's Grindhouse Don't

I've never read the comic, but I will pick up the first volume after seeing this trailer.

Do the first volume for Waiting for the Trade, I bet you'll both get a kick out of it. The movie looks like its going to cover a great deal of the first few books, maybe even try and do a whole self contained thing if they aren't planning on a sequel.

Scott Pilgrim's a graphic novel, and, to date, we've opted not to cover those. But we'll see.

Can't we just cut the sematics and call them picture-books?

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life is 168 manga-sized pages, only slightly more than the 144 page Bone: Out from Bonevillw that you guys just looked at, just so you know, and since its manga-style its low-density on a lot of those pages.

The last movie I watched that looked like a video game, felt like I was watching someone playing a video game and being unable to play. That sucked. I'll pass.

All they're doing is using wacky video game trappings and music to create a unique fighting film that actually has good characters. Its not like DOA or Doom, its not an actual video game adaptation.

The last movie I watched that looked like a video game, felt like I was watching someone playing a video game and being unable to play. That sucked. I'll pass.

All they're doing is using wacky video game trappings and music to create a unique fighting film that actually has good characters. Its not like DOA or Doom, its not an actual video game adaptation.

I'm actually referring to Zombieland.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...