Episode 09

RSS

Which John Hughes Movie should Des pick?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's back to normal this week as Desmond and Megan settle in for a man movie. On the docket this week? Professional wrestler and rap musician vehicle, Wrong Side of Town. Desmond likes this movie except for the directing, the acting, the music, and the story. Megan hates chopper motorcycles. She also despises professional wrestling and all it stands for, except for hot wrestlers and their bums. Megan makes more sound effects and gangsta raps. The she sings Twisted Sister. Badly. Can a machine gun make the guy holding it look like a pussy? Megan doesn't want to talk about the movie anymore, but the longer she talks about it the more she sounds like she knows what she's talking about. Then they play a lively game of Freeze Dance. Yeah, you read that right. Remember to pop over to the forums at www.earth-2.net to vote for Desmond's pick in next episode's John Hughes Double Feature. [ 36:19 || 16.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/marriedtomovies/episodes/marriedtomovies_009.mp3

Alright peeps, as this week's episode of MTM states, Megan is picking Sixteen Candles for episode 10. I decided it should be a double feature but can't choose between Ferris and Weird Science.

Choose for me knowing that: a) you have to post why, b) understand that Megan has seen neither of them and c) this is a public poll so Big Brother is watching you.

I think both are guy flicks, personally. I like Ferris more between the two and would go with that, but that's only because I've not seen Weird Science, and I'm not sure what Megan would think of the whole thing with the girl in the latter. And also I think everyone needs to see that at least once.

I was gonna suggest Uncle Buck, too, but that might be more of a chick flick. That, or Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, cause hey, John Candy is teh awesome.

I don't know why, but I now really want to see this movie. I don't expect great acting from RVD or Batista, nor do I expect to like the contribution of Ja Rule, but it sounds like TBS Superstation-fodder, which I really enjoyed during my six months in Banff.