Episode 398

RSS

One thing we didn't mention, and I wish we had, was Wally's new costume. Me, I'm not a fan of it, and I hope another artist comes along to tweak it. Also, I wish it had been Barry who got a new outfit. There could have been a touching scene where Barry told his nephew he had earned and honored the costume, and so he was going to change.

I do agree with that. If they were to change Wally's costume, I would have liked it to be drastic. Maybe back to a Kid Flash looking type amalgamation of a John Fox-style adaptation. It seems weird to have them both looking so similar.

But I do like the Wally adaptation. Just beside Barry, it seems weird and distracting.

I was going to get the softcover of Flash: Rebirth whenever that came out, but after hearing that Johns used Rebirth to understand how to write Barry. Also the new Flash series is already supposed to be a lot better after just one issue, so I'll just get that instead. Saves me being Van Sciver art, which apart from covers, I just don't like that much.

"I'm twirling my two mustaches": the next Earth-2.net t-shirt?

HA! That might have to be. :D

By the way, Ian, I thought that was a great plug and segue into The Rocketeer.

Many thanks, sir! Given that I only recorded that seg today, this is the quickest turnaround of any of my Earth-2 material!

You and I have disagreed on things in the past Mike, but I gotta say I thought you hit the nail on the head about Flash: REBIRTH, especially about Van Sciver as an artist. I dunno if I dislike him as much as you do necessarly, but he sure as hell is a pin-up artist and the wrong fit for a Flash book.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks on your review of Mouse Guard. I do like that you guys take the time to review some all ages fare like Mouse Guard and Bone. I think that comics are a great way to build literacy in kids. As a kid I loved reading Uncle Scrooge and Super Goof, so I was excited to see that Boom! starting publishing those comics at a more reasonable price point than the previous publisher since I know my son is not the type to bag his comics and keep them backed with acid free cardboard.

I absolutely agree. In fact, in the fifth episode of Mike & Niki Make a Podcast, we brought in Niki's young cousin to discuss reading because I had given him a huge stack of comic books.

Thanks for pointing episode out. I'll check it out. I've been picking up occasional issues of Batman: The Brave and the Bold and The Incredibles for my son since he got hooked through the animated versions.