Kingpin VS. Lex Luthor

James D.

Who will force the other to admit defeat?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Battle of the Bald!!!

Place: A randomly chosen large metropolitan area other than Metropolis and New York. (Possibly Los Angeles or Chicago.)

Conditions:

--Either man may use as many goons and ANY other resources as he can contact/summon within the city. (This means if, for example, Fisk for some reason has Spider Slayer robots stationed in the city in which their syndicates are fighting, he can contact someone to send them out to annihilate Luthor's thugs.)

--To contact henchmen and obtain armaments, they each have at their disposal ONE CELLULAR PHONE (same make/model) with a single fully charged battery that CANNOT be recharged once used up. This way, they must conserve their only means of communication wisely.

--They can only obtain resources from the city in which they are battling--nowhere else. (You can't tell me these guy's syndicates are only limited to their respective mother cities.)

--They are allowed to do anything they want (keeping within the aforementioned restrictions) to win this battle. They can blow up buildings, rip apart streets, you name it. There are no time restrictions. It's basically whoever's resources outlast the others or whoever forces the other to surrender due to a massive beatdown.

Whose resources (and cunning use of said resources) outlast the other's?

AWESOME THREAD! Love the rules and conditions you came up with as well.

As President of the United States of America, Luthor has the entire FBI, CIA, and armed forces at the ready to protect him -- no matter where he is. On top of that, he has supervillains and heroes ready to protect him -- no matter where he is.

Fisk might be a well-connected man with much power, but President Luthor takes this fight without batting an eye.

I'm not voting yet. I think it could go either way, personally.

Plus, Yoda, you must remember, he can only summon those CIA and FBI agents already in whatever city he's in. It's like there's a giant force field around the city and no one can get in or out...it's...No Man's Land II. :evil:

Also, Kingpin has his fair share of villains who will protect him, you know.

Plus, Yoda, you must remember, he can only summon those CIA and FBI agents already in whatever city he's in. It's like there's a giant force field around the city and no one can get in or out...it's...No Man's Land II. :evil:

Fair enough, but every major US city has its own branch of the FBI who would be at Luthor's disposal.

Plus, Yoda, you must remember, he can only summon those CIA and FBI agents already in whatever city he's in.  It's like there's a giant force field around the city and no one can get in or out...it's...No Man's Land II. :evil:

Fair enough, but every major US city has its own branch of the FBI who would be at Luthor's disposal.

Exactly. He can take as many as he wants as long as they are already in the local branch.

I'll try & use some logic here.

Superhero > villain, pretty much 85% of the time - more than 50% at least.

So Fisk could technically hire Superman or even Batman at a stretch whilst Luthor could hire DareDevil or Spiderman. The hired heros could then take out the rival's villains if duped into believing that they were doing it for some other purpose than being pawns in this kind of battle.

So I can see Luthor having perhaps more of an advantage if that was concerned, because even if Fisk approached Batman, I doubt that Bats would be either fooled or willing.

What am I talking about? I've no idea!

It wouldn't be a fight if they actually went in hand to hand combat, because Kingpin is big, and can fight, but since this wasn't said to be a straight up fight, Lex would probably make only one phone call, and everything else could take care of itself.

I say Lex for this one.

If this comes down to them trading blows (which it wouldn't), then Fisk walks away with Luthor's hide and Metropolis as his new empire. And Luthor knows this -- so he's going to put a call into every major/local police department, the local chapter of the FBI, any nearby military base, as well as hire every super-powered criminal within this domed city. Having all that at his disposal, Fisk cannot win.