Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

Des, when you say Ginger Hulk, do you mean the guy in the trenchcoat with brass knuckles saying "Abuse" cause they explained who he was in an earlier issue. Also, I would say kill Sirens first, then this book, both of them are Dini, and both are just shit. And I love Nguyen's art.

That WWE comic sounds fucking awful, and actually offensive to the people who'd buy it.

Great job folks. Especially Dubs, for getting through the Ultimates (...really? I remember seeing a panel where Red Skull supposedly shot Kennedy, but he's Cap's KID?! How the hell did that happen?) and WWE "Heroes", especially since you did that right after that one thing you watched Sunday night. Also, I don't even follow wrestling, and that's pretty fucking tacky, to say the least.

That's exactly who I mean. They explain who he is in an earlier issue? That doesn't help readers of that shitty comic. Dini needs to be told to stay away from comics because he has yet to write a good one.

Yeah, in the Christmas issue. It was a throw away thing that linked back to Heart of Hush, but was never fully fleshed out.

I dropped Streets after two issues, because of the price, and the fact that it was just another Batman book, which wasn't what I wanted.

My problem with Dini is that SOG and Sirens are the two Bat-Books he writes, and half the time, someone else fills in for him, without fucking notice.

Also, the Heart of Hush storyline that ran alongside RIP was really good.

I enjoyed D.W. ripping apart that shitty WWE comic, but I'm looking at a scan of that Triple H death page right now and I can't see Umaga on it. There's a poorly detailed head in the background who *might* be him (he's got long-ish black hair, but could also be anyone). He also doesn't appear to be anywhere else in the comic, aside from another poorly-detailed figure in a zoomed-out birds eye view of the ring. I'm thinking that if that is supposed to be Umaga, it's probably something the artist unwitting put in rather than Champagne.

He's shown once on page 19 and twice on page 25. He's clearly a part of that group even if he's not shown on that last page.

Obviously the thing was written and drawn before he died, but that just further proves how ignorant they were. It's not like heart attacks in wrestling are rare.

Okay, after quickly scouring an 'obtained' copy of the whole thing a few times, I can see you're right. That's definitely him on p19 with the face paint and again on p25 with his head poking out and that aerial panel. That's pretty bad taste right there.

Also, I thought the murder of Chris Jericho by terrorists was unintentionally hilarious.

Streets of Gotham is still bugging me. The fact that Robin is in the book is only implied. How can a story be successful if the only person named is the villain? Damian is named as well but is only implied to be Robin when he puts blood make-up on (which is retarded, by the way). It's so stupid.

Well, Damian Wayne is Robin. The average comic reader knows that. Granted, just saying that probably would hurt no one. It's not like he's the best at what he does, because he has a healing factor and adamantium bones and fuck Jim Shooter in the eye.

Dini told bog standard Batman stories in Detective.

Read the stories by others that fill up more than half of his trade paperbacks and they're better written than his are.

I have to say that if there was one thing about either of my reviews that caused controversy, I would have thought that it would be the condemnation of an entire subsection of the Marvel Universe and not the condemnation of a third rate comic writer.