Tron: Uprising

Koete

Confirming television rumors that have persisted since the film was first put into production, Disney has announced Tron: Uprising, a new animated series based on the new movie, Tron: Legacy. The series will debut in 2012 on action adventure channel Disney XD courtesy of some of the minds behind Samurai Jack and Tron: Legacy itself, and feature the voices of Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Paul Reubens and Lance Henriksen. Bruce Boxleitner will also reprise his role as Tron.

Executive Produced by Samurai Jack's Charlie Bean, Tron: Uprising will also staff Legacy writers Edward Kitis and Adam Horowitz as well as Legacy co-producer Justin Springer. Created under the auspices of Disney TV Animation, Disney Channels Worldwide entertainment prexy Gary Marsh told Variety that the new show is "a culmination of an extraordinary collaboration between Disney Television Animation and our feature film studio."

Tron: Uprising will be preceded by a 10-part Tron microseries set to air in the fall of 2011.

Source

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I caught this last night. I have never seen Tron or Tron Legacy and frankly I was completely lost. I wish they made this show a little more accessible to non-fans. Other than that the art was pretty cool, the character designs reminded me of Tim Sale's art. The music was pretty cool too. But I can't really say much else considering that I had no idea what the hell was going on.