Episode 450

RSS

Can't wait for Big Damn Heroes, I love all of those shows. There are deffinately alot of people that should be watching these shows and hopefully this show will get those people to watch them. I loved these. I watched Dollhouse religiously (mostly because the other shows were before I new about Joss Whedon)I was pissed when the cancelled Dollhouse. Sorry for the rambling.

Less than two minutes in and already my nerdish hindbrain has forced my hand into the air like an irritating kid in class desperate to solve an equation.

Actually the Buffy collected trade The Origin does place the events of the movie within continuity, and Joss has accepted it as canon. That is to say, something like this is what happened in the Buffyverse, if not exactly this because there are clearly differences in the nature of the characters and their abilities.

Obviously ordinarily comics don't count with most of these shows reviewed on the site, but Buffy does have stuff like season 8 in it's continuity, so I think this stands.

I feel dirty.

Less than two minutes in and already my nerdish hindbrain has forced my hand into the air like an irritating kid in class desperate to solve an equation.

Actually the Buffy collected trade The Origin does place the events of the movie within continuity, and Joss has accepted it as canon. That is to say, something like this is what happened in the Buffyverse, if not exactly this because there are clearly differences in the nature of the characters and their abilities.

Obviously ordinarily comics don't count with most of these shows reviewed on the site, but Buffy does have stuff like season 8 in it's continuity, so I think this stands.

I feel dirty.

Haha. Okay. The Origin comic is probably something we'll mention briefly at the end of the Buffy run along with S8 and Fray, as those are the major entries that are a large part of canon as it is being established. :P

As I understood it, it was only Whedon's version of the movie, which I understand was significantly different to the end product, that he accepted as canon, and not the 92 movie as we knew it.

I feel dirty.

Haha. Okay. The Origin comic is probably something we'll mention briefly at the end of the Buffy run along with S8 and Fray, as those are the major entries that are a large part of canon as it is being established. :P

As I understood it, it was only Whedon's version of the movie, which I understand was significantly different to the end product, that he accepted as canon, and not the 92 movie as we knew it.

There are also several mentions of the "events" of the movie througout the series. Including one flashback where Angel witnesses Buffy meeting Merrick, obviously not Donald Sutherland, for the first time.

BTW, it is interesting that probably the two most famous TV shows to spin out of a movie (stuff like Batman '66 and Superman & The Mole Men do not count as they were essentially piolts to their respective shows), Donald Sutherland was involved, and in both he had an unpleseant experience.

And not only that, one or the other is hated by a person very close to the movie project. Everyone here is aware of Wheedon's feelings about the movie. Hell those feelings GAVE us the TV show, And M*A*S*H* the TV show is DESPISED by the movie's director, Robert Altman, for various changes that they've made. Specifically that the show dared to tell the audience WHERE the war was and showed the enemy.

Of course Altman was such a bleeding heart pacifist that he never saw that there were stories througout the years that would take stances similliar to Altman's world view and take on wars in general. So my guess is Altman is jealous of the fact that the show, which he had not a single thing to do with, is more well known than his classic movie.