Episode 63

RSS

Dan and Mike start off Tom Baker's final season of Doctor Who with "The Leisure Hive" and "Meglos," two rather forgettable stories. Before that, however, they briefly speak about "The Impossible Astronaut," Mike's new stupid theory about River Song, and Doctor Who-themed cat names. And, of course, they touch on the passing of Elisabeth Sladen. [ 1:43:56 || 47.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_063.mp3

Another great podcast

I view these 2 stories as a bridge between the two eras of Williams/JNT, once we get past these 2 it really feels like they're a bit more sure of themselves for the rest of the series.

I LOVE the new theme, and quite like the new title sequence (although i think it works better in the Davison/Colin Baker era). and i really like the neon Logo (and LOVE the McCoy logo :D).

Another great podcast

I view these 2 stories as a bridge between the two eras of Williams/JNT, once we get past these 2 it really feels like they're a bit more sure of themselves for the rest of the series.

I LOVE the new theme, and quite like the new title sequence (although i think it works better in the Davison/Colin Baker era). and i really like the neon Logo (and LOVE the McCoy logo :D).

Thanks, jakob. On the subject of the McCoy logo, though... you're wrong. :D In fact, there's nothing about the McCoy titles I don't LOATHE. I hate Keff McCulloch's version of the theme, the CGI, even for the time, was abysmal, and the wink. Dear God in Heaven, the WINK.

Another great podcast

Thanks, jakob. On the subject of the McCoy logo, though... you're wrong. :D In fact, there's nothing about the McCoy titles I don't LOATHE. I hate Keff McCulloch's version of the theme, the CGI, even for the time, was abysmal, and the wink. Dear God in Heaven, the WINK.

Oh I love the music and titles...the logo is my least favourite, but the CGI isn't that bad (I think the Tardis looks great in it) and i find it a really interesting set of titles. I'm not so keen on the way they've painted Sylv silver, but i don't mind the wink :D

in fact, there isn't a version of the theme from the classic series that I don't love (yes, even the Trial version)...at least they're doing something different, as opposed to the new series which keeps trying to do new themes, but keep them close to the original and falls inbetween for me...they're too slavish to the original Delia Derbyshire theme, but can't match the classicness of it...they should either use the original, or go furthur away from it.