Episode 460

RSS

Let me tell you somethin', Mean Gene! Those two dudes, Thor and Ian, they might not be real Americans, brother, but they train, take their vitamins, and are true to their countries, man. And they're gonna make all of the little Earth-2.netamaniacs believe that you don't need to be an American to be a hero! As for Big Barda, she's been to the top of the mountain. She's walked through the valley of the shadow of death, dude. And she might not have 24-inch pythons, man, but what you gonna do when Preston and Michelle give her bio to you?! [ 1:55:55 || 55.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_460.mp3

A few quick thoughts:

1. Drunkseid made me choke on my soda and now may be the moment to beat for funniest moment of 2011.

2. I'd argue that the 90s, given that's when we got stuff like Lobo, the cocaine addiction story for Roy, and Liefeld at large, was when comics really stopped being for kids. Maybe Johns labors under the delusion that kids pick up Action Comics (and maybe they do?) when he threw the shitfit about the beer on teh cover.

3. Lady Blackhawk and Canary were in this, because of the climactic scene at the end of the arc, just maybe not that issue. (Oh, also, yeah, fuck yeah Knockout and Big Barda that episode.)

Also, apparently Bane is supposed to get a major arc in Secret Six soon because of the upcoming movie or something? I dunno.

Ummmm...what exactly is the episode description referring to/homaging/parodying?

It's a reference to an early 18th century French Libertine philosopher by the name of Baron Hulk Hogan.

Ooh yeah!

Signed,

Macho Marquis Randy Savage

Nomination for Post of the day anyone?

Seconded.

Ummmm...what exactly is the episode description referring to/homaging/parodying?

It's a reference to an early 18th century French Libertine philosopher by the name of Baron Hulk Hogan.

Ooh yeah!

Signed,

Macho Marquis Randy Savage

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

2. I'd argue that the 90s, given that's when we got stuff like Lobo, the cocaine addiction story for Roy, and Liefeld at large, was when comics really stopped being for kids. Maybe Johns labors under the delusion that kids pick up Action Comics (and maybe they do?) when he threw the shitfit about the beer on teh cover.

If we're talking superhero comics, I draw the line in the sand at Identity Crisis.

Hilarious episode. Barda has actually appeared over in Booster Gold since her death, mind you in a time-travel story. Also, if you ever revisit Big Barda, Mister Miracle Vol 2 #25 features Barda joining a women's wrestling league, #28 of the same series where Barda meets her mother, Big Breeda, Harley Quinn #7, or Justice League America #30 in which Barda's Megarod gets stolen.