Amazing Spider-Man

JackFetch

• 1 month later...

An all-new Spider-Man is poised to bring the action back to New York City as Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc., and Marvel Entertainment, LLC announce The Amazing Spider-Man™ video game, planned to launch summer 2012 tied to Sony Pictures Entertainment's upcoming feature film of the same name. Created as an epilogue story occurring entirely after the events of the movie, the game features the return of free-roaming web-slinging all over the city and evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, as the newly anointed Spider-Man is plunged into an all-new storyline charged with protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals.

The Amazing Spider-Man is in development at veteran game studio Beenox, and features an original narrative crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (episodes of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica) that continues young Peter Parker's adventures following the events of the new film. Using the game's new Web Rush mechanic allows players to pull off a vast array of moves never before possible. With a story that takes players through many areas all over (and under) Manhattan, fans will feel what it's truly like to be a Super Hero, as they experience the cinematic adrenaline rush of web-swinging through the city and fighting crime using Spider-Man's spectacular acrobatic moves and attacks.

Fans can check out the WORLD PREMIERE EXCLUSIVE TRAILER for The Amazing Spider-Man video game during Spike TV's Video Game Awards, airing live on Saturday, December 10 at 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT.

For more information on The Amazing Spider-Man, please check out http://www.TheAmazingSpiderManGame.com.

• 1 month later...

Created as an epilogue story occurring entirely after the events of the movie, the game features the return of free-roaming web-slinging all over the city and evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, as the newly anointed Spider-Man is plunged into an all-new storyline charged with protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals. The Amazing Spider-Man is in development at veteran game studio Beenox, and features an original narrative crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (episodes of Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica) that continues young Peter Parker's adventures following the events of the new film. Using the game's new Web Rush mechanic allows players to pull off a vast array of moves never before possible. With a story that takes players through many areas all over (and under) Manhattan, fans will feel what it's truly like to be a Super Hero, as they experience the cinematic adrenaline rush of web-swinging through the city and fighting crime using Spider-Man's spectacular acrobatic moves and attacks.

spidermaningame.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. I was watching reviews, and even though they're talking about average graphics and repetitive fights I was mere moments from getting it just because the web-slinging looked great. Or did it? I was trying to put my finger on it and realised that this game has an aspect of slinging that I haven't seen since the original non-movie Spider-man game for PC- Phantom swing-points. Your line doesn't actually attach to anything specific. Seriously, this is something they got right nearly eight years ago and it's an intricate part of what makes web-slinging fun, that you're grounded in an understandable set of physics, it's a huge part of why web-slinging is so satisfying. With that one simple change they've lost my purchase, I'm never going to drop over ÂŁ30 on a game that regresses the aspect of gameplay that the main reason to buy it.

Time to dig out my PS2 and my copy of Ultimate Spider-man. Say what you like about that game, it's got the best web-slinging.

You don't even notice it after awhile because of the way they make the swinging work. When you are above all the buildings you can't shoot any webs until you drop down to at least the rooftops. The problem I have is that you can jump off the tallest building in the game and just fall to the street and take no damage. You are also constantly crashing into buildings while trying to travel across the city. The game isn't bad, but it's not worth 60 bucks. They couldn't even get the actors to do the voices for it.