The Punisher is in Spider-Man 2

Missy

You ever tell people something you're 100% sure about, only to have the look at you like you're crazy? I get that a lot.

For instance, I swore up and down that Thomas Jane was in Spider-Man 2, but no one would believe me. Everyone insisted that I was either wrong, or the cameo was too quick to say for sure.

Now, however, nearly one year since its release, someone grabbed screencaps and the images are making their way around the Internet. Behold and eat it, all you naysayers! (This is the scene where MJ runs past a fountain as she skips out on her wedding.)

p3120005.jpg

p3120006.jpg

Well, Punisher's first appearance was in a Spidey book.

Punisher as the next Spider-Man bad guy? I think it could be fun to watch. It's certainly more appealing that another Punisher movie, since Punisher was basically a rip off of Death Wish and its' clones.

Punisher as the next Spider-Man bad guy? I think it could be fun to watch. It's certainly more appealing that another Punisher movie, since Punisher was basically a rip off of Death Wish and its' clones.

Won't happen simply because they're produced by two different studios. And while The Punisher movie might seem like a Death Wish ripoff, you have to remember that The Punisher character predates the first Death Wish.

True enough, but it would be cool to see the Punisher as a bad guy in a super-hero movie.

And while The Punisher movie might seem like a Death Wish ripoff, you have to remember that The Punisher character predates the first Death Wish.
Didn't the Punisher appear in 1974? Death Wish was the same year.

And while The Punisher movie might seem like a Death Wish ripoff, you have to remember that The Punisher character predates the first Death Wish.
Didn't the Punisher appear in 1974? Death Wish was the same year.

The Punisher debuted in Amazing Spider-Man #129 (February 1974), and Death Wish was released in July of that year. Now I'm not saying Death Wish ripped Marvel off; I'm saying Frank Castle predates Paul Kersey.

First, comics are produced way ahead of time, much like movies. They can sit around for months and sometimes years before seeing the light of day. (Trust me, I know this first hand.)

Second, I'm not saying anyone ripped anyone off. In fact, I'm trying to point out that it's just a coincidence that both antiheroes debuted in the same year. There's no way either company knew what the other was doing.