New Sailor Moon Anime

Venneh

Interesting..!

Sailor Moon's one of those shows that I was always kind of embarassed that I watched, but it definitely has it's status as an iconic anime. It's also got a resurgence in popularity due to Hot Topic for some reason.

I'm sure Hannah and I will have a lot to say about this very soon but, in the meanwhile, I have to wonder if they're going to go for more of the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood deal where it's a more faithful adaptation of the manga, more of a Dragonball Z Kai thing where it's an adaptation of the original with more of the fluff cut out, or some kinda combination thing. I just want them to go past the Dark Kingdom arc.

I can't confirm, but apparently it'll be sticking closer to the manga, and not necessarily be geared towards kids.

GOOD.

I'm very intrigued by this.

• 1 year later...

They had a little bit more to say about this for the press conference for the musical reboot. It's been pushed back to the winter release season, and apparently it won't be a remake of the earlier show. Not sure what that means. Also, it'll be streaming worldwide on NicoNico.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'd really have preferred to have a continuation from where they left off at the end of the original series. Sailor Saturn was criminally underused in that show.

• 2 months later...

Archived