Is Bullseye a mutant?

Missy

While rereading Bullseye: Greatest Hits I started to wonder if the assassin is a mutant or not. His origin has only been revealed in bits and pieces and some elements contradict others. This has made it rather hard to ascertain whether he's trained to hone the skill that's made him infamous, or if he was born with the power that allows him to kill anyone with any thrown object.

What do you guys think: mutant or not?

I'm going against this on the account that Batman once ducked a Bullseye throw. So there.

See, that's the problem. He should never miss. Ever. (Unless we're talking about Daredevil who has that radar sense or Bullseye is chucking something at someone with TK powers, like Jean Grey.) Batman ducking is bullshit!

I honestly don't know what the facination with Batman is. Like, I think he's a cool well built character and all, but the guy really doesn't have any powers. It's rediculous to think that a simple vigilante with some gadgets could outdo a superpowered villain of any sort, even with the best training.

I honestly don't know what the facination with Batman is. Like, I think he's a cool well built character and all, but the guy really doesn't have any powers. It's rediculous to think that a simple vigilante with some gadgets could outdo a superpowered villain of any sort, even with the best training.

I'd say the same argument could be made for Batman. It could be said that Batman has a mutant ability of exceptional precognition, and possibly enhanced intelligence, and has honed his body physically.

I'm going against this on the account that Batman once ducked a Bullseye throw. So there.

See, that's the problem. He should never miss. Ever. (Unless we're talking about Daredevil who has that radar sense or Bullseye is chucking something at someone with TK powers, like Jean Grey.) Batman ducking is bullshit!

Not to throw this off topic, but I don't see how it's all that inconceivable since he knows virtually every martial art known to man backwards and forwards. Self-defense and spatial awareness would be fundamentals to someone like Wayne.

On the topic, I don't think he's a mutant. Call it a hunch.

Not to throw this off topic, but I don't see how it's all that inconceivable since he knows virtually every martial art known to man backwards and forwards. Self-defense and spatial awareness would be fundamentals to someone like Wayne.

If Bullseye can hit Daredevil, a man with a radar sense, then he can hit Batman.

True, Batman doesn't have radar sense. But Batman does have that super sense that I like to refer to as "sight" and that negates radar sense.

Batman simply has keen instincts, but someone with superpowers can overcome this. He's been shot and stabbed by ordinary thugs, so just imagine what Bullseye could do to Batman if he set his mind to it.

True, Batman doesn't have radar sense. But Batman does have that super sense that I like to refer to as "sight" and that negates radar sense.

Batman simply has keen instincts,

Then maybe Bullseye only has a good arm. Thus, Batman dodging a toss is no big deal.

Bullseye's talent (be it a power or not) goes far beyond having a "good arm". He's flicked toothpicks into grenade pin-holes (to deactivate them) and has spit teeth through foreheads. Batman might have keen instincts, but, as I said before, average perps have gotten solid shots in on him. So there's no way he'd be able to dodge anything Bullseye were to throw his way.

Yeah, and Batman hasn't done anything fucking incredible? Fact of the matter is that Bullseye has an incredible talent. Perhaps Batman has an equally incredible talent. Bullseye shouldn't be able to score a fatal hit on Batman because it's what Batman does; not get killed.

Fuck, Bullseye shouldn't be able to hit Batman because Batman is prepared for anything. He's dodged bullets before, why not something moving as fast as a bullet? I really fail to see the big difference between the two.

After all, there is no documentation concerning Bullseye's mutant abilities. It is entirely possible that he's just as driven as Batman, albeit in a different "art", with no mutant powers whatsoever. If Batman were in the Marvel universe (he'd be better) but more importantly, the same argument for Bullseye's mutant abilities could be made for Batman's, thus negating any genetic advantage between the two.

Point being, maybe Bullseye is just a guy that has uncanny aim, through honing it as any normal human being could. On the same coin, Batman could be someone with incredible dodging ability, honing it as any normal human being could.

But Batman isn't a mutant nor does he have powers. He's a genius and he's probably the closest to perfection that a human can become, but he does not have superhuman powers. In fact, Batman constantly broods "if only I had Clark's powers" (especially that of flight) he could be that much better. So adding "what ifs" into the mix doesn't prove Batman could dodge one of Bullseye's throws.

Again, if Daredevil (a man with a radar sense) cannot dodge Bullseye's attacks, Batman isn't going to be able to either.

But Batman isn't a mutant nor does he have powers. He's a genius and he's probably the closest to perfection that a human can become, but he does not have superhuman powers.

Bullseye doesn't nescassarily have superhuman powers either. Bullseye could be Joe Average with good aim. Batman could be Joe Average with good reflexes.

Again, if Daredevil (a man with a radar sense) cannot dodge Bullseye's attacks, Batman isn't going to be able to either.

But Daredevil can, so it's a moot point.

Do I have to bring up Cain? He's tried to kill Batman before, but missed. Cain never misses. There've been a couple other snipers that have had him in crosshairs from about a quarter mile away, yet they still miss. Batman can dodge the best snipers DC has to offer, what is the big deal about dodging Marvel's best?

The big deal, really, is that DC overprotects Batman. Look, I love the character too, but DC makes everyone else look like shit when Batman beats them. Cain is the best assassin on the planet, but Batman beats him/dodges his bullets. Lady Shiva is the best martial artist on the planet, but Batman beats her. Superman is Superman, but Batman beats him. (In fact, off the top of my head, the only person Batman has had trouble beating is Wonder Woman.)

Batman is nearly physically and mentally perfect and he's always prepared, but that doesn't mean he can dodge every attack. If the average schlub can stab him, why is it so inconceivable that Bullseye could kill him?

I really don't think that any exercise, or study, could possibly help you when dodging something thrown by a person who never misses. It's not really reflex, it's more instinct to move when something is thrown, and agility depending on where the object is thrown into you.

Batman however, is normal. He could possibly be as well honed as a human could be, but frankly, he has no superpowers. Average people can punch him. I agree with Master Yoda, I think it's ludacris to think that Batman should have defeated Bullseye.