Films You Have Never Seen in Their Entirety

You Know Who

Self-explanatory.

Admission- Watched it at cinema, but power went out right before the climax of the film. Went home after people at cinema couldn't get it back on. Still don't know how it ended.

A Christmas Story- Caught snippets of it, including the tongue-to-pole and mall Santa scenes.

Ben Hur- Saw the opening scene of it ages ago and remember nothing about it. On a list of 100 films that I know I absolutely need to see or that pique my interest.

Fight Club- Started watching it on a bus ride from Boston, fell asleep half an hour in, caught the last hour or so.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence- Sorry Preston, but I haven't gotten more than forty minutes into this movie. As a rule, I hate most Jimmy Stewart performances and wasn't that wild about John Wayne either.

Romeo and Juliet (Franco Zeferelli version)- Saw only about the first half hour for my 8th grade English class, along with scenes from the dreadful Baz Luhrmann one as a point of comparison.

Tombstone- Caught maybe the last hour of it. Also on the aforementioned list.

The Tree of Life- The only film in theatres I've ever walked out on.

Am I missing much?

Fight Club, yes. It's a great film. If you have Netflix, it's worth a rental.

Off the top of my head, I've never seen Twelve Monkeys all the way through, just been going in and out of it at random points, but never enough to actually get the full story.

Terminator: Salvation: I tried watching it, but it sucked. Then I somehow saw the bits with Arnold and then the end of the film, and that also sucked.

Despite my best efforts with Revenge of the Fallen, I make it a point to watch an entire movie through if I start it. I'm sure there are movies I've joined at the midway point back in the day if I caught them on tv but yeah, they're few and far between.

Now, if we get into TV shows, Absolutely Fabulous. I got halfway through the first episode when I realized if you removed the laugh track, you're watching a drama about a drunk whose daughter cares for her and the horrible demon clown who exists to spread misery in the lives of those around her.

The only movie I can think of that I started watching and left the theater for was Deep Impact. What a pile of shit.

The Dictator and Sweeney Todd both got turned off (30 minutes into Sweeney Tood and he kills one person? Who adapted that shit? I saw it in London and that fucker was bloody. Dictator was 20-odd minutes in without a laugh.)

I've probably seen chunks of thousands of movies on TV that sucked.

Movies that I enjoy I definitely watch in full. Even ones that aren't very good usually get complete watches, so this is probably my complete list.

I've probably seen the first few minutes of more movies than those I've ever actually finished.

If I don't enjoy a movie and I'm not obligated to watch it for podcast reasons, I'll usually shut it off quickly or zone out and end up doing something else the whole time.

Casablanca: - I have never seen this all the way through. I usually catch it on TV at varying points. Oh, I've probably seen the whole movie by this time, just not from beginning to end.

Home Alone: One of three movies I have walked out of the cinema while watching. One of the others was Fatal Attraction (but I saw the rest of that one later). I can't remember the third.

A movie has to be Revenge of the Fallen (which I wish I had walked out on) levels of bad or really not my cup of tea for me to turn it off or walk out on it. If it's mediocre but not quite shit, I generally soldier through it to see if it gets better of it or if it gives me more to criticize it for.