Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Episode 20: The Last Airbender

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I really do think that the fire nation theatre production of the Avatar story was WAY more faithful to the story of the show. Great work guys, I can't wait for the next films!

Posted

I think you guys may have been a little soft on this one... :lol:. Great work!

Posted

I'm only 25 minutes in, so forgive me if this is suggested, but I wonder if people call Aang an "ah-vatar" instead of "avatar" is an effort (forced or self-induced) to distance this movie from James Cameron's Avatar.

Posted

I'd run with that theory if they pronounced literally anyone else's name right.

Posted

Excellent point.

Posted

Yeah. They took the characters' written names in English, then pronounced them according to generic Asian pronunciation. Nevermind, of course, that English text is never used in the Avatar universe, so there is literally no reason to do that. If they were that concerned about accuracy then they should have spelled the characters' names differently in the credits and promo material instead of changing how they sounded.

Posted

Mike, are you a fan of the animated series I forget? The film is horrid regardless, but I think to film is much more offensive to fans of the original series. I'm so glad that the creators went on the make Korra because for a while I feared that this film would be the last thing that would ever come out of the franchise. Now that there is LOK the pain of this movie is a lot less severe.

Posted

There are canonical graphic novels out as well, Gareth.

Posted

Yeah, I actually own a few of those. Graphic novels can help a little but the new show is really helping the bring the franchise up to its former glory in the public eye. Although, sadly, a great number of people only know the franchise by the M. Night movie.

Also, on a related note, I'd like to make an early request for another TT episode...

after-earth-debut-trailer-evolves-to-kill-humans.jpg

Posted

I'm bummed James isn't coming to C2E2, we could have geeked out about Hitchcock.

Posted

Next year. Dubs and I are both planning to be there.

Posted

14724629_1809501832672729_31157305369527

Posted

Live action anime films are by and large cash ins. I worry for Ghost in the Shell.

Posted

Live action animation films in general are by and large cash ins. I worry for Ghost in the Shell.

Fixed ;)