Help influence Episode 10!

slothian

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review*, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 8, our subject will be Whoopi Goldberg.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Sunday 3rd August, so get your ideas in before then!

*The Brothers Wilson reserve the right to use all suggestions to inform each other's picks, as there is a massive liklihood they will fix the joint review to be Sister Act II: Back in the Habit. This is not a definite, but merely very likely. And we did have the good manners to inform you of this liklihood, as we have previously not fixed anything ever. We promise.

Ghost is probably something you should look at: it's a showcase for her sense of humor while not being an out-and-out comedy, and she's a supporting player, not a lead, which is really where she does her best work.

The Color Purple is one of the few dramatic roles Whoopi has done. It's also her first major role and really should have gotten her her first Oscar. Sister Act 2 would also have been a recommendation (I like the first one but the second is just much more fun). If you're not adverse to doing a TV-movie, I'd suggest A Knight in Camelot. Otherwise, Ghosts of Mississippi, Kingdom Come, or Rat Race.

I've only ever seen one Whoopi Goldberg film, Star Trek Generations.

No you haven't. She was one of the three main hyenas in The Lion King. Other than that, no sure any of her films either.

Actually I go by Oscar rules where animated performances don't count eg Andy Serkis being overlooked despite being amazing in everything.