Help influence Episode 11!

dc20willsave

Good Morning, Vietman or Moscow on the Hudson for his 80s era, starting out and doing some risky comedic roles, Mrs. Doubtfire or Jumanji for middle when he was a box-office draw in the 90s, and One-Hour Photo for his late career since it might be his best role and one of the few times he's done pure drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 9, our subject will be Robin Williams.

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the joint review on Sunday 7th September, so get your ideas in before then!

I think either One Hour Photo or Insomnia is a must, although OHF places him in the more central role Insomnia provides a backup to fit the rules of the show.

I also favour Good Will Hunting immensely, as well as the underrated Death to Smoochy. 2002 really was a fantastic year for him.

Hook is crap, even Spielberg said so.

Hook is awesome, but I wouldn't say it really stretches Williams' acting chops, nor does Jumanji, classic that it is. As much as it pains me to mention it, but Bicentennial Man shows off his range more. Of course, I think at least one of his 'grim trilogy' of Insomnia, One Hour Photo and Smoochie is a must. OHP is my favourite.

Of course if Pandy does want a perfectly valid excuse to sing, you could also consider "Popeye" for the early Robin Williams film. Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination but is one of, if not his first, film roles. A local station here was doing a Robin Williams movie marathon as a tribute and that was one of the movies they aired. I had actually forgotten about it until I saw it on TV again.