Iron Man

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never get into Iron Man, all the other superheroes who got TV Shows, movies and cartoons I aways watched(including the cheesy 70's Spider-Man show). But this film is awesome, I read up a little on the origins of Iron Man in the comics and from what I saw in the film its very faithful to the story. I can't wait to see The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2(2010)and The Avengers(2011) and see Robert Downey Jr own this role.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The dvd will be released on September 30th. There will be the single disc dvd, the 2 disc collector's dvd, and the collector's edition Blu-Ray. They haven't announced what special features will be in the collector's editions yet.

Check this out for the Special Features

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/iron-man.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Iron Man on iPhone HELL YEAH!!!!!

I just got it thru iTunes and it's downloading now woohooo. Althought I had to delete about 100 episodes of a podcast. (Don't Worry it wasn't an E-2 Podcast :D)

WOW Iron Man looks great on iPhone!

can't wait until tomorrow to get the 2 Disc Ultimate Edition DVD

Questions about Iron Man Mythos:

I just finished watching the movie on my iPhone and I have several questions. My Iron Man knowlege is basically from the 1994 cartoon so please bare with me:

#1 In the movie they mention The Ten Rings is this going to be translated into The Mandarin and the Ten Power Rings he has?

#2 Does anyone think we'll see War Machine in the sequel? I'm hoping so

#3 Why in the hell did Stark tell everyone at the end that HE WAS Iron Man? was this done in the comics? I know in the cartoon only a select few knew about the secret.

#4 Why the hell is the computer called Jarvis? was it called that in the comics? I know in the cartoon the computer was called Homer.

I think that's wall LOL any help in answering these would be great. :D

#1 In the movie they mention The Ten Rings is this going to be translated into The Mandarin and the Ten Power Rings he has?

Don't know, the Mandarin is a tough character to translate into the big screen, see Invincible Iron Man DVD and cartoons, and the leader of the Ten Rings was the Mandarin

Howard said the reason he was doing this was so he could be War Machine and they hint at it with the "maybe next time baby" line

#3 Why in the hell did Stark tell everyone at the end that HE WAS Iron Man? was this done in the comics? I know in the cartoon only a select few knew about the secret.

He wants people to know he has changed and now wants to help the world ,Its been done a few times in the comics and he has always had to put the genie back in the bottle, except this time

#4 Why the hell is the computer called Jarvis? was it called that in the comics? I know in the cartoon the computer was called Homer.

Jarvis was his Butler in the comics and is currently MIA, for a while I think Homer was in the comcis as his computer andf then Jocausta

Probably. He was originally slated to be in the first one, but they changed it.

I believe it has already been said that War Machine was being saved for the sequels. I imagine he will be there when they confront Tony's drinking problem to pick up the slack.

Because it was a great ending, and yes it was done in the comics.

It's an homage to the Avengers butler.