The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

Feeling real paniky, near an anxiety attack.

Edit: Im also angry that the person who I mow there lawn for is bitches about my work to every one in the neighborhood, but me. I can do my yard right, Tell me what I do wrong, And I can do yours right also!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so fucking sick of going back and forth with the budget lady for Campus Life about anime club. I've been going back and forth with her for the last month or so trying to figure out exactly where this sudden $120 debt has come from when they said that we were completely balanced at the end of the year. She's been unable to provide the receipts for the hotel and vans we stayed at for the convention, citing a move over to the campus center, which I understand, but still, it's been close to a month, and now when I pointed out that there's something I'm seeing on a spreadsheet that, if correct, should apply to the vans, which were paid for under the ACen allocation, and reduce the debt to about $20, she says it's just better if we talk in person (and I will be up at school before the year starts, hopefully sometime in the third week of August, so we can do that). I feel bad for annoying her, but at the same time, they should be able to tell us how this debt came about, especially after telling us that we were balanced not a month earlier!

Also, sick. This is not helping things.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so fucking sick of my mom getting on me about religion. I've basically tried my best to be passive about it, not say anything one way or the other, mainly because I do not fucking believe.

So, this whole summer she's been pushing this book on me, and I finally took it to work and read it the other day just to get it over with (it didn't have the world shattering effect it had on them, mainly because I'd been made to watch the author's talk about it and knew that part of why he wrote it was because he was sexually abused as a kid). And now in the car today she was pushing for my opinion about it, I told her it was a good book, and she was disappointed it didn't have the world-shattering effect on me and pushed for my position on religion, and I've gotten the closest I've gotten to ever telling her the truth and told her I didn't know, and then she pushes the fucking guilt hammer on me, and how she's only doing it because god is pushing her to.

BAH.

and then she pushes the fucking guilt hammer on me, and how she's only doing it because god is pushing her to.

To be fair, if she actually does have faith in her beliefs (is that redundant?), then it makes perfect logical sense for her to seem forceful, since she probably thinks your eternal life is in danger. Like how parents panic when their kids start driving for the first time. ("WATCH OUT FOR THAT STOPLIGHT!! RED MEANS STOP!!")

But as for my own life...

I have my own share of mom issues.

It's like our entire relationship is completely based on whether or not I'm fulfilling all my duties. Like she's more my boss than my mother. It's about time for me to move out, but that's not exactly financially feasible right now.

Right wing Americans are on TV slating my country's medical care system that makes sure everyone has access to treatment. They've found the one politician in this country who thinks the NHS should be abolished and they're treating it like we all run in fear from the NHS. As someone who has spent the last 2 years in a relationship with a cancer patient, requiring long courses of medical treatment, it bothers me to see the system that provided excellent care for her, sent ambulances to take her to each chemotherapy and clinic session, provided excellent after care and didn't worry about the fact that we are two students with no money and her family had just disowned her so they wouldn't be paying. The NHS that the politicians in the states are throwing around is nothing like the one that I know.

Right wing Americans are on TV slating my country's medical care system that makes sure everyone has access to treatment. They've found the one politician in this country who thinks the NHS should be abolished and they're treating it like we all run in fear from the NHS. As someone who has spent the last 2 years in a relationship with a cancer patient, requiring long courses of medical treatment, it bothers me to see the system that provided excellent care for her, sent ambulances to take her to each chemotherapy and clinic session, provided excellent after care and didn't worry about the fact that we are two students with no money and her family had just disowned her so they wouldn't be paying. The NHS that the politicians in the states are throwing around is nothing like the one that I know.

Its pretty sickening to see one of the finest public health organisations in the world just torn down by idiots who have been fundamentally miseducated. Both my parents work for the NHS and have done since before I was born, and from them I know that both in management and patient care there are problem and its not all rosey and perfect, but I also know that people who need care get it with no questions asked, and no family has been bankrupted trying to afford care for a loved one.

My dad works in management consultancy these days and he goes around various departments in Wales, the South West and London talking to staff and improving their productivity and care. What he emphasises above everything else is the best use of resources without compromising patient care, and he's spend 20 years working closely with the doctors themselves to understand those principles and how to apply them. I've spent a lot of time talking with him about what he does and nowhere in there is there talk of death councils or euthanasia, its utterly farcical to even consider it.

Reading those last two posts really saddened me guys. I hate that that's happening over there. When I lived in Glasgow, I was blown away to discover a medical system superior to my country's.

In fact, Megan was hit by a car going very fast, and flew 20 feet through the air before landing on the street one morning. An ambulance was there in 11 minutes and I was picked up out in Lochend by an ambulance as they thought it serious enough to have her family there. It was there that they did several tests (including those necessary before an X-ray) and it's how mwe found out she was pregnant with Cade.

That and the pre-natal care she received was amazingly good. She was born in the UK and is a dual citizen but she was never given the runaround, never forced to fill out a mountain of paperwork, or anything else.

Sad to se that great care threatened

Yeah, I've said it before, I'll say it again, the NHS works and helps the people who need it. It can't go as people will be up in arms about it, and it will never go through and people in the UK who say their sick of paying to help other people, wonder how fast they'd change after someone they cared about was in an accident.

Why does is my life just a big fucking joke.

The Uni I got into are not fucking me about,so I've decided to not go their, and go with my first choice which is closer to home, and not a big fucking joke.

When you tell someone "We're offering you an unconditional place" you don't wait a few days then say "Well yeah, but first you need to do this."

Two of three little sisters need to learn the following things:

-You do not go into my room and take my blank CDs without asking (there's a quarter of them gone from a full thing), you put stuff of mine (especially DVDs and video games) back where you put them when you're done and don't just leave them hanging out in the open and make sure that you're not damaging DVDs that are in CD cases when you're carelessly pushing things back into place.

-You need to stop being such a flaming bitch; just because I look at you does not mean that you should be jumping down my throat for no reason whatsoever. There's a reason we made sure (and yes, we DID make sure) that you're in a separate house from that piece of trash who's currently your best friend.

How soon until September 13th?

Reading those last two posts really saddened me guys. I hate that that's happening over there. When I lived in Glasgow, I was blown away to discover a medical system superior to my country's.

In fact, Megan was hit by a car going very fast, and flew 20 feet through the air before landing on the street one morning. An ambulance was there in 11 minutes and I was picked up out in Lochend by an ambulance as they thought it serious enough to have her family there. It was there that they did several tests (including those necessary before an X-ray) and it's how mwe found out she was pregnant with Cade.

That and the pre-natal care she received was amazingly good. She was born in the UK and is a dual citizen but she was never given the runaround, never forced to fill out a mountain of paperwork, or anything else.

Sad to se that great care threatened

Dude don't worry, its not even remotely threatened, the NHS employs 1 million people and the party of the guy who slagged it off on Fox have spent every waking moment since disowning him, to the point where their leader has now declared them the party of the NHS. You couldn't get rid of it now any more than you could dissolve the army or get rid of the monarchy.

I'm going to admit now, everything I'm about to say is my own fault. So, one of the only things I have left to do before I graduate is to take Spanish 201 and 202 which is Second Year Spanish. The problem is that it's been about three years since I finished First Year Spanish and I haven't studied at all all summer. My classes start on the eighth so I'm down to the wire about what I'm going to do. I only have 3 courses tops outside of Spanish that I need to take to graduate and I still have Winter and Spring quarter I can accomplish that all in. So, debating about taking Fall Quarter off, studying my ass off, then take Spanish 201 in the Winter or take a couple of classes in the fall, at least one of which will be a class I don't need to graduate, and spend money I can save for later.

Today is my dad's birthday... was my dad's birthday. I can never decide which one is right. It's been 12 years since my parents died. I'm "over" it, as far as that can go, I suppose. I just always feel weird when their birthdays come around. I don't visit the graves anymore. I never had anyone to bring with me, and couldn't stand the thought of going alone, so I just never go. It's getting to a point now though, if I didn't have pictures, I'd almost forget what they looked like. There are bits and pieces I'll always remember, things that were said to me, but I almost feel guilty for accepting the fact that when I turn 30, chances are I'll forget even more, until they just stop existing all together in my mind. That should scare me more than it does, but I guess I have to accept the fact that the older I get, the smaller percent of my life they were actually a part of. I always found it fascinating to see friends that have both of their parents, and the idea seems so foreign to me now. They have that support system, but for as long as I can remember, it's always been me watching me since I was 12. Maybe that's why I ended up so fucked in the head. Who knows.

When I was younger, about 7 or so, my dad took me to this little road off the highway called Nursery Road. In the grand scheme of things, it's pretty unremarkable, except for the fact that the street consists of nothing but a line of fast food restaurants for about half a mile. I didn't learn the name of it until much later, as he always called it "Hamburger Alley". Every weekend he would take me there to get a chocolate shake. It was really the only tradition we had. We were never really the kind of father and son to throw the ball around. I think deep down, he always wanted that, but instead he got a son that sat in the back seat of his car reading NES cheat books while he worked on the engine.

I don't visit his grave anymore, but every Aug. 26, no matter where I am or who I'm with, I drive down to Hamburger Alley and buy two chocolate milkshakes.

I never drink the second one.

Fuck the brink. I'm weeping.

I feel for you man. Though I will never know how you feel, I certainly will always lend an ear if need be. You've got some memories that really count and I think that if you focus on that, you'll never lose it.

I've always found, since I'm quite a person of solitude myself, that writing it all down helps. Memories and all. I only have flashes of my childhood I actually remember below the age of 10 or so due to my young adult experimentations and I've found that writing it down can be enlightening. And you are a clear candidate to me for a memoir. That post above alone carries impact and simplistic beauty which is what that kind of writing is always about.