The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apologies to all. I seem to have that effect on people. I have a stack of about 15 journals in my trunk of just random stuff I've thought to write down over the years. Everyone tells me I should write an autobiography. I always say "I'm still working on the part where I conquer all and get the girl".

My grandfather passed away a few days ago. While I was sad at first obviously, I think it's better this way. He had become a very mean, bitter, and at times, heartless person over the last couple years--especially towards my grandmother who hasn't been mentally well for years. I take solace in the fact that I hadn't seen my grandfather for the last couple years and I didn't get to witness his descent into what he became. I only have fond memories of him, and maybe I should be thankful for that, since I'm probably one of his few surviving relatives who can say that of him. I'd hate to have seen what he became and have it tarnish the wonderful memories I have of him.

On Facebook, my 17 year old sister was tagged in pictures taken at a hookah bar. <_<

That sucks horribly.

On a "you're a moron/that's impressive" note, I just found out that my old best friend literally banged his girlfriend one night on top of a water tower. He works for the city's public works center, and used his knowledge of the facilities to break into the water tower grounds, then climb up to the top of the tower with his girlfriend. Apparently they didn't "intend" to screw each other while up there, but those kids are like bunnies. They always find the absolute worst places to screw each others' brains out, to the point where they could get kicked out of their parents' homes or arrested for any number of different public offenses.

Is it 18 federally now for cigarettes? Or is that state-to-state?

And, technically, there's no legal age for hookahs. Which is why I was able to try it when I was sixteen.

Generally aren't they smoking tobacco out of those things?

On a "you're a moron/that's impressive" note, I just found out that my old best friend literally banged his girlfriend one night on top of a water tower. He works for the city's public works center, and used his knowledge of the facilities to break into the water tower grounds, then climb up to the top of the tower with his girlfriend. Apparently they didn't "intend" to screw each other while up there, but those kids are like bunnies. They always find the absolute worst places to screw each others' brains out, to the point where they could get kicked out of their parents' homes or arrested for any number of different public offenses.

That's actually pretty cool, I have to say.

Is it 18 federally now for cigarettes? Or is that state-to-state?

And, technically, there's no legal age for hookahs. Which is why I was able to try it when I was sixteen.

Generally aren't they smoking tobacco out of those things?

I think so. I'm not sure on this.

Was she smoking or just sitting there? Cause, I don't know legally whether or not she could be in there, but if she wasn't smoking, she wasn't doing anything illegal.

EDIT: Well, then. Nevermind.

I was wasted in Amsterdam once and walked into a hookah bar (having never been in one). I asked how much the pot was and the waitress gave me a dirty look. I said "You can't have a glorified bong in the window and get all uptight when someone wants to get high!"

Don't do drugs, kids.

I have a fine line for public sex: if you're fucking in a playground or a booth in a Subway, you're creepy. On top of a water tower? You're awesome.

How about at your grandparents' house during vacation, while your parents are sleeping on the other side of the piano?

Ah, well, then that's pretty fucked up, right there.

The thing is, I know my sister smokes cigarettes and weed, just as I know she drinks. I've come to terms with that, and have even had a frank, bonding conversation with her about it. But to see these pictures on Facebook, that's what gets me, because it's so brazen. Her mother has a FB account and is going to see these, so it's like my sister is slapping her in the face while laughing, "I know you'll see 'em, but so what?!"

There's a part of me, yes, that doesn't like seeing my underage sister doing such things, but it's more the lack of respect she's showing her mother that's got me upset.