Random wrestling thoughts

I haven't had a place to talk about wrestling in a while, so lets just put any random thoughts here.

Not too long ago, Big Vision put out PWG: Sells Out. It's 3 discs and 9 HOURS for 20 bucks. The wrestling is good to great, and commentary is hilarious. Total steal if you can find it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mr. Kennedy could be the next Stone Cold but he gets hurt every time he's about to get his big push.

I'm a Kennedy fan, but even I've stopped making excuses for him, he's not even trying anymore.

OK, I'll rephrase that I was a Kennedy fan, he was ready for the main event last year, even the McMahon storyline would have helped, but now he's gone too far back the way.

Kennedy is very sloppy in the ring and he looks like he's a pain in the ass to work with. He's constantly sandbagging guys and hitting them as hard as he can. You can tell that he wants to be Steve Austin with every fiber of his being, but his in-ring is no where near the level it needs to be.

I have my own reasons for why I stopped being a regular at the Oratory, but the gist is that I just got tired of the general antagonistic attitude everyone has over there. There's still a lot of cool people there, but they're often overshadowed by the gimmicks and the egos that run rampant these days.

Kennedy is very sloppy in the ring and he looks like he's a pain in the ass to work with. He's constantly sandbagging guys and hitting them as hard as he can. You can tell that he wants to be Steve Austin with every fiber of his being, but his in-ring is no where near the level it needs to be.

Kennedy is just annoying now, he has so much potential, but he doesn't use it.

And no the whole wrestling world isn't talking about who owns the guitar, I know and I only started watching 2 months ago. Also Sting made Styles look like a jobber. Plus is Sting a face or a Heel??????

Well the guitar obviously belongs to The Honky Tonk Man right?

Sting is neither a face or heel, as TNA believes faces and heels are passée and fans don't care about that anymore.

So basically, Stings annoying and old.

Random fact, did you know that TNA books storylines from start to finish, and doesn't change the script for any reason.

My case in point is the Abyss and Jim Mitchell story which lasted for Christ knows how long, whenever people would say it sucked, the bookers would say "Just wait till you see where it's going...."

Jim Mitchell was Abyss father.

Wow, that was worth the crap Sting Vs Abyss matches.

Also while I'm ranting on TNA, which I did not plan to do when I started. Booker T was a face for the whole time he was in TNA and has a boring feud with Robert Roode, I miss one episode of iMPACT and Booker is a heel, and the announcers say "We've heard him complain for weeks now, and he finally took action."

Really?!

The Oratory is still a great place, it's just that the wrestling discussions aren't as long as they used to be because people are still down on the WWE as a whole.

What was/is the oratory? You guys mention it all the time.

Wasn't he one of the most beloved guys in ECW? My understanding was that his feuds were pretty good.

I'm referring to this in ring work. His promos and feuds were always great, but he gets a lot of shit for being lazy.

I'd seriously put him in my top ten best babyfaces of all time.

The Oratory is a site not unlike Earth-2.net, but it focuses on wrestling instead of geek culture. That's where I first met James, DW, Ian, drqshadow and a few other fellows around here.

Oh. OK.

Just so's this post is a bit on topic. The championship scramble at Unforgiven:

ECW Title: Mark Henry © Matt Hardy, Chavo Guerrero, Finlay and the Miz.

World Heavyweight Title: C.M Punk© Batista, JBL, Kane and Rey Mysterio.

WWE Title: HHH © Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin (Cisqo) MVP and The Brian Kendrick.

Thoughts?

Wasn't he one of the most beloved guys in ECW? My understanding was that his feuds were pretty good.

I'm referring to this in ring work. His promos and feuds were always great, but he gets a lot of shit for being lazy.

I'd seriously put him in my top ten best babyfaces of all time.

What are the other 9?

Also Chris Jericho's heel performance right now has been described as his best heel work ever, and that is not a lie.

Jericho's heel character is so great right now, and the best part is that he's right, Shawn did lie to him. As Mike said about Amanda Waller on an episode of WFP the best villains are always the ones who think they are right.

I barely follow WWE anymore, but keep up through the Observer.

General feeling is that there's no chance the Smackdown title's changing hands. Raw title will probably end up on Batista before transitioning to Orton, and ECW... who the fuck cares?

I barely follow WWE anymore, but keep up through the Observer.

General feeling is that there's no chance the Smackdown title's changing hands. Raw title will probably end up on Batista before transitioning to Orton, and ECW... who the fuck cares?

Well wouldn't it be great if The Brian Kendrick won the belt, even for two nights?

HHH will only lose to Hardy as he likes him, but who knows.

The world title will either be Punks or Batista's but they teased an Orton-Punk feud on Raw.

The ECW match.......I am so scared about having to sit through that crap.

Yay for Sky Sports showing it for free though :happy:

Theirs no way I'm paying £15 for "New and exciting concept match"

I'd be pissed if Jeff wins, honestly. His first world title shouldn't come from a multi-man clusterfuck like this.

As for the babyface list, in no particular order.

Steamboat

Dusty

Morton

Mysterio

Dreamer

Foley

Michaels

Hart

Sting

Kobashi