Episode 299

RSS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
If you guys say one bad word about Tiny Titans I will fly to your homes and punch you in your faces.

:whistle:

That's it! It's Clobberin' Time!

Do I need a stopover in Boston or is it only Chicago?

:laugh: please stop I'm falling outta my chair over here and almost laughed up a lung!!!! :D :laugh:

But all of this failed because, as always, Batman is one step ahead and the Black Glove were nothing but a bunch of rich schmuks.

That's my point. The Black Glove never came off as evil, just as rich, bored fools.

So the Black Glove Society essentially had the same motivations as the Terrible Trio?

If anyone could make the Trio not suck, it would be Morrison.

If anyone could make the Trio not suck, it would be Morrison.

I feel like we're at a gala for debut of the Emperor's new opulent robes. Half the crowd is in awe and enjoying the champagne, and the other half is shouting, "HE'S NAKED AND PISSING ON US!"

Yeah, but only if the clothes are really bitchin' and the people who think he's naked are deluded. :)

As a loooong time Batman reader I gotta admit that RIP was maybe the most disappointing Batman story for me.

I shared Mike's disappointment with the bad guys intelligence and waste of pages with story that didn't matter. When it was all over I said out loud to myself, "Sooo...what was the point of the goons chasing Robin? And the big ending finale is Bruce disappearing after a helicopter crash?" Then a local car salesman commercial came on the TV and I found it more interesting than the dumb comic I had just bought.

"I don't want to feel penalized for not having read what's come before." My thoughts exactly Mike. And to take it further, were penalized even further for not having read Final Crisis yet.

Dr. Simon Hurt is officially one of the lamest villains ever. If the Joker, Two-Face, Hush, Poison Ivy, or any of the other villains had gotten a hold of Batman they for f'ing sure wouldn't dress him up in his full suit and bury him alive just barely below the surface. COME ON! The whole thing was just DUMB.

Finally...THANK YOU Dan for bringing up the Alex Ross covers. Annoyed the crap out of me! They never had anything to do with the story and gave a false impression of an Alex Ross worthy story.

As a loooong time Batman reader I gotta admit that RIP was maybe the most disappointing Batman story for me.

I'm assuming you haven't read Batman in a while. Cataclysm? Contagion? Come on!

"I don't want to feel penalized for not having read what's come before." My thoughts exactly Mike. And to take it further, were penalized even further for not having read Final Crisis yet.

I'd like to know what wasn't explained well enough to understand what's going on. It reads more like an unwillingness to enjoy something more than anything. It fits in a domino set of stories but each arc on its own has stood out more than any other serial comic I can think of. Again, an unwillingness to give something a chance.

I'm assuming you haven't read Batman in a while. Cataclysm? Contagion? Come on!

Contagion was bad, that's true but Cataclysm was better than RIP.

an unwillingness to give something a chance.

If I bought and read every issue of RIP does that count as 'giving something a chance?' Not to mention I've bought Morrison's other stuff (Batman and Son, All Star Supes, 52, etc).

I guess my main gripe was that with all this hype nothing blew my mind in RIP. I remember reading Hush and when Harold got shot I flipped, when I saw Jason Todd tear off Bruce's cowl in Red Hood I crapped my pants, when the Joker shot Sarah Essen in No Man's Land I wanted to cry, when Jezebel Jet turned bad, when the Black Glove turned out to be a group of rich people gambling, when Bruce said he knew Hurt was lying about his parents, and when Batman went missing after a helicopter crash I yawned.

I guess to each his own...I just thought it was all a little anti-climactic.

I was talking about going into it with a slant against it. And I wasn't referring to you.

I concede to Red Hood. I knew the outcome and was still blown away...by a writer I don't often like.

But RIP was better than Hush and No Man's Land. At least writing-wise on Hush. Hard to beat Jim Lee at his peak.

I guess it could be a matter of tastes. I mean I'm the guy who quit reading X-men when I realized they were going to retcon Morrisons ending to New X-men. I love Morrison, I love his writing, and I love watching him experiment. I'll fully admit it's confusing, but I've never had so much fun talking about a comic in my life. I think I understand everything that's happened, but I've also been reading all of his run and Final Crisis, and most of the answers are there. I'll also admit that the artist was totally wrong for this story.

Now I'm not shocked that Mike didn't like this one, because I think I disagree with him about comics 95% of the time. We have different tastes, I totally get that, it's why I love listening to Earth-2 because it boils my blood, but gives me a different POV.

In the end, I really can't explain why I love RIP and Morrisons most recent dealings with the DCU. Maybe it's a frame of mind you have to be in. Maybe it's because you're watching someone do something different. You won't get people to agree either way. I'll never think it's bad, and Mike and Dan will never think it's good. It's like a work of art, someone might see it as a work of genius, while another sees it as a lump of clay or paint smudged on a surface. Personally, I think it's a work of art. :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
Personally, I think I'm Statler. No reason why. I just think I am.

cool I've always thought they should have their own show Statler & Waldorf rule!!!!!!

speaking of muppets stuff I've asked this before but when are we getting another The Show muppets ep???