Predator Reboot by Robert Rodriguez

• 1 month later...

That trailer was awesome.

It looks like Laurence Fishburne is going to be a veteran of the hunting grounds. And that predator toawrds the end, like the second to last shot, did you see how long his "pincers?" were? We have to see some impaling action with those.

• 1 month later...

Saw it last night and it was awesome. Definitely didn't fall in to cliche territory. Brody was really good, Topher was surprisingly good, Fishburne was not like anything I've seen him in. All in all, a totally tight film and he was right, makes me totally forget the terrible AVP films.

Definitely didn't fall in to cliche territory.

Every single member of the makeshift team they were put in was a walking cliche. I agree it was a fun film, but until Fishbourne showed up it was really predictable.

Eh, the characters were cliche, but none of the dialogue was, which bugs me more. You know like Indy saying I'm too old for this shit, stuff like that. And after the first 15 minutes, you kinda forget about the obvious character choices as the movie moves forward. I would defend the main character, he could have been a marine or ranger or something like that, the fact that he was a merc was not a cliche.

Definitely didn't fall in to cliche territory.

Every single member of the makeshift team they were put in was a walking cliche. I agree it was a fun film, but until Fishbourne showed up it was really predictable.

Eh, the characters were cliche, but none of the dialogue was, which bugs me more. You know like Indy saying I'm too old for this shit, stuff like that. And after the first 15 minutes, you kinda forget about the obvious character choices as the movie moves forward. I would defend the main character, he could have been a marine or ranger or something like that, the fact that he was a merc was not a cliche.

They did include "You're one ugly motherfucker". Plus some of the dialogue during the whole discovery portion of the film was just painful. I liked the film, but it wasn't exactly anything special.

"It's raping time" might be the catchphrase that comes out of this film.

Oh, yeah forgot about that catch phrase. Bue see I saw "your one ugly....." as a tip of the hat to the original. I didn't think it was cheesy. Dunno, maybe we just got different vibes off the performances. You probably thought that "it's what I would do" bits were cheesy or cliche, where I thought they helped a little with the character development (of which there wasn't a great deal).

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but it was better than I was expecting.