Predator Reboot by Robert Rodriguez

It'll probably Predator: First Hunt or something to start a new franchise. No probs with it there. As long as they aren't remaking the previous films I'm alright.

I can agree that reboot is better than a remake, but didn't Arnold say he would be willing to do a part 3 if the price is right. I just hope they keep it in continuity.

• 1 month later...

I want to see this in a futuristic environment. I know historically thats not what Predator has been but fuck it, if its part of the Alien universe its not a stretch. I never want to see another Alien or Predator movie set during the present day, they are goddamn sci-fi franchises with big damn spaceships and I want that, otherwise it might as well go the Jason Vorhees with the Predator picking off promiscuous couples at Crystal Lake. Lets go with Predators laying siege to a big colony like in Aliens. We can follow a few people trying to survive as a pack picks people off, whittling the population down.

• 1 month later...
Robert Rodriguez and 20th Century Fox are giving Predator a facelift in a new film entitled Predators. First reported by Bloody-Disgusting in January, the official announcement came today via a news conference today at the Texas-based Troublemaker Studios where Rodriguez was on hand for the signing of a new state film incentive.

"I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming 'Machete' here, a sci-fi action film called 'Nerverackers,' a re-boot of the 'Predator' series called 'Predators,' and a couple of smaller movies called 'Sin City 2' and 'The Jetsons,'" he told the press.

If you recall, Rodriguez penned a Predator 3 script some time ago that was discarded because it was "too big."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54797

Remember that Rodriguez bought all of his clout from Spy Kids. Jetsons isn't too far away from that.

I always forget that. I think Sin City and Grindhouse, but yeah, you're right.

I mean, it will probably still suck, but he's not the worst choice to direct it.

I mean, it will probably still suck, but he's not the worst choice to direct it.

Spy Kids 3 was basically the Jetsons anyway. Rodriguez can nail the family theme extremely well, and he looooooves his CG cartoonish visual effects crap.

(Spy Kids 1 was actually pretty good, though, so maybe this will be, too.)

Spy Kids 3 was basically the Jetsons anyway. Rodriguez can nail the family theme extremely well, and he looooooves his CG cartoonish visual effects crap.

(Spy Kids 1 was actually pretty good, though, so maybe this will be, too.)

He'd probably do a better job than Commander Riker did when he directed Thunderbirds.

Predators sounds exciting - perhaps all classic franchises should be pluralised with an S instead of being remade!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't go too much into the story right now, because we're still writing. But it still involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group). So like the original movie, the title does have a double meaning.

Aliens was a different take on the Alien idea, and an original movie in it's own right, and that's what we want to do with this.

As to how this movie will be viewed, one of the guys at Fox told me "No one is ever going to talk about AVP again after this film, I will stake my life on it."

And he's a really nice guy, so I don't want to see him dead. Now that lives are at stake, it's no longer a job it's a mission.

Failure is not an option.

Nimrod Antal is directing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41590

I can't go too much into the story right now, because we're still writing. But it still involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group). So like the original movie, the title does have a double meaning.

Aliens was a different take on the Alien idea, and an original movie in it's own right, and that's what we want to do with this.

As to how this movie will be viewed, one of the guys at Fox told me "No one is ever going to talk about AVP again after this film, I will stake my life on it."

And he's a really nice guy, so I don't want to see him dead. Now that lives are at stake, it's no longer a job it's a mission.

Failure is not an option.

Nimrod Antal is directing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41590

Well, that's a noble ambition I guess.

Given that the only reason people talk about AVP is to describe it as the shitty Alien film that means that the new one must be set to eclipse it in sheer shittiness.

Please god, let it be good. Let it be filled with genuine scares and the infinite majesty and terror of space.

For fucks sake lets not have Alien and Predator turning into some day to day slasher, only attacking the kids having sex near the lake.

Lets make a film so good that real fans can write-off the AVP films as non-canon.

• 8 months later...