Bruce Timm on What The Censors Forbade in BTAS

Koete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Fox is the worst. Fox had a problem with glass windows breaking. Not in Kids WB. That is why Kids WB and Bruce Timm and Co got the rights of BTAS back. When Fox Kids did Spiderman TAS, they did not allow Spiderman to punch anyone, any mentioning of killing or death was not allowed, people had to say destroy or eliminate, no bullet shooting guns, any type of gun could never kill or injure anyone (they always missed), blood was not allowed, smoking was not allowed, drugs was not allowed, alchohol was not allowed, no sex or sex references, and much more. Fox Kids would have never showed Batman Beyond.

When Fox Kids did Spiderman TAS, they did not allow Spiderman to punch anyone, any mentioning of killing or death was not allowed, people had to say destroy or eliminate, no bullet shooting guns, any type of gun could never kill or injure anyone (they always missed), blood was not allowed, smoking was not allowed, drugs was not allowed, alchohol was not allowed, no sex or sex references, and much more.

That explains a lot, actually. I always wondered how on Earth the writers were that terrible, making Spider-man the wimpiest super-hero in existence. (and how common thugs had laser guns)

When Fox Kids did Spiderman TAS, they did not allow Spiderman to punch anyone, any mentioning of killing or death was not allowed, people had to say destroy or eliminate, no bullet shooting guns, any type of gun could never kill or injure anyone (they always missed), blood was not allowed, smoking was not allowed, drugs was not allowed, alchohol was not allowed, no sex or sex references, and much more.

That explains a lot, actually. I always wondered how on Earth the writers were that terrible, making Spider-man the wimpiest super-hero in existence. (and how common thugs had laser guns)

It was still a pretty good show.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it was a show that's great if you look at it through the same eyes that you had when you were ten, but it doesn't really hold up like the DCAU does. (or X-men: TAS)

Probably right about that, I just liked the show because it had continuity with the Marvel Animated Universe and how things were animated was pretty interesting. There was not a lot of action though.

• 1 year later...

According to Wikipedia: In the original broadcast version of the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Terror in the Sky", Batman States "The hell it isn't", When Langstrom protests his innocence at willingly becoming the Man-Bat a second time. Later broadcasts and the DVD release were changed to "The devil it isn't". Did anyone see this episode and remember this? My link

I think it was a show that's great if you look at it through the same eyes that you had when you were ten, but it doesn't really hold up like the DCAU does. (or X-men: TAS)

Not to shill for myself, but I'm inclined to disagree.

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/category/videos/spider-man-1994-tv-series/