Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

JackFetch

I don't see there being any backlash because a- there was nothing to have backlash from and b- there's not going to be a sequel as far as I know. Surely DC is just going to keep adapting random comics right? Unless there's going to be a Wonder Woman sequel I'm really not interested in them trying to establish a continuity for these films right now.

Love to see them adapt some Vertigo stuff though.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see there being any backlash because a- there was nothing to have backlash from and b- there's not going to be a sequel as far as I know. Surely DC is just going to keep adapting random comics right? Unless there's going to be a Wonder Woman sequel I'm really not interested in them trying to establish a continuity for these films right now.

I think it's just going to cause people to be really annoyed at how the end came about. I want more James Woods as Owlman, he was depressingly awesome.

He wouldn't have been there in the first place if Batman didn't send him there.

No, but he would have been on Earth-Prime, where he was planning on committing suicide anyway. All Batman did was move the guy.

But Batman could have sent the bomb to that place and take Owlman back to the other Earth. But he didn't, although he didn't kill Owman, Batman didn't save him either. I've no problem with it, as Owlmans last words were awesome.

Best preview of a DC feature I've seen yet. Its dark, mature and has an aethetic that DC hasn't tapped into with these films, its just all around awesome.

Really looking forward to checking this one out. One question- The Spectre gets a film and Teen Titans don't? I'm all for the more mature efforts (Gotham Central PLEASE) but surely Teen Titans is more marketable?

Best preview of a DC feature I've seen yet. Its dark, mature and has an aethetic that DC hasn't tapped into with these films, its just all around awesome.

Really looking forward to checking this one out. One question- The Spectre gets a film and Teen Titans don't? I'm all for the more mature efforts (Gotham Central PLEASE) but surely Teen Titans is more marketable?

It's just an extra on Two Earth's. That was the whole thing. The person who put up the title saying it was a preview was wrong. What annoys me is the sporadic nature of these being released in the UK, I'd not have looked for the film online if it was available here. I would import, but I'd need to spend like 20-30 to justify importing DVD's.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS.

I'm ten minutes in.

The humor in this movie is nothing but shit. i mean there were a couple quips by the Flash I liked (Also, BATMAN ATE FLASH'S PRETZEL! fuck yeah), but the rest of the humorous dialogue was annoying. I don't really like how the League quickly guessed everything about this other Luthor, I love what Superman did, but with Flash's prediction on top, it just went too far.

Jester (Joker?) is fucking awesome.

Luthor's arrival to Metropolis is fun until Flash's line in the watchtower.

Voice actors I'm liking and not liking (I don't know their names):

Liking:

Jester

Superman

Flash (although Michael Rosenbaum is still the definitive Flash)

J'onn

Not liking:

Luthor

Batman (Baldwin did better in The New Frontier, although that's coming from me only hearing one line from him in this movie so far.)

I'm unsure about Wonder Woman

Spoilers ahead:

I thought it was alright. Owlman is a badass, but since he takes after an owl half his badass points go out the window. Owls are the sissies of birds right above hummingbirds. I find it odd that every counterpart was stronger than the regular heroes. Ultra Man wiped the floor with Supes. Does that mean being evil makes you stronger or something?

The only problem I have is that Batman decided to go through the portal to defeat Owlman. Why didn't they send someone with powers like Superman to just run in and knock his ass out? It seems like it became personal to Batman which is unlike him.

Spoilers ahead:

I thought it was alright. Owlman is a badass, but since he takes after an owl half his badass points go out the window. Owls are the sissies of birds right above hummingbirds. I find it odd that every counterpart was stronger than the regular heroes. Ultra Man wiped the floor with Supes. Does that mean being evil makes you stronger or something?

The only problem I have is that Batman decided to go through the portal to defeat Owlman. Why didn't they send someone with powers like Superman to just run in and knock his ass out? It seems like it became personal to Batman which is unlike him.

Owlman could predict Superman's every move, so he would kick Superman's ass. Batman went through as it would be an even fight.

Spoilers ahead:

Owlman could predict Superman's every move, so he would kick Superman's ass. Batman went through as it would be an even fight.

You could send the Flash and have him run and hit him so fast he didn't know it was coming. Even if he knew it was coming, he isn't fast enough to stop it. It was just weird to see the weakest guy go after him.

Owls are actually pretty badass.

Yeah, they are.

I know a family who had a chicken farm for a while. A single owl managed to swoop in, night after night, and take out half the chickens, as well as the rooster. He'd sneak up on one late at night while it slept, then pounce like some kind of mutant wraith and completely annihilate them. Broken neck, torn-up insides, etc.

An owl would—literally—eat a bat for breakfast.