Who refrences

deepdown

I wanted to create place to discuss Doctor Who refrences in other media outlets.

For example...

I listen to the audio drama Star Trek Section 31 Files (okay, I listen to a ton of audio dramas). In their most recent episode, Nero's Legacy, there were 3 Who refrences. This included the direct quote about a character wearing Fez's, and one that said space ships should not be bigger on the inside that the outside.

From IMDB:

There are several references throughout the show to "Doctor Who" (2005). In "Leverage" The Bank Shot Job (2008) Hardison expresses his frustration at the amount of time it took him to torrent the latest episode of "Doctor Who". In "Leverage" The Mile High Job (2009), the aliases given are all references to "Doctor Who" (Nate's aliases, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy and Tom Baker, all portrayed The Doctor while Sophie's alias is Sarah Jane Baker, a reference to Sarah Jane Smith, one of The Doctor's companions). Furthermore, in "Leverage" The 12-Step Job (2009), Nate again uses the alias Tom Baker, while Parker uses Rose, the name of another one of The Doctor's companions. In "The Three-Card Monty Job," Hardison and Eliot assume the aliases "Detective Moffatt" and "Detective Davies," two of the executive producers and head writers of the new series.

From IMDB:

There are several references throughout the show to "Doctor Who" (2005). In "Leverage" The Bank Shot Job (2008) Hardison expresses his frustration at the amount of time it took him to torrent the latest episode of "Doctor Who". In "Leverage" The Mile High Job (2009), the aliases given are all references to "Doctor Who" (Nate's aliases, Peter Davison, Sylvester McCoy and Tom Baker, all portrayed The Doctor while Sophie's alias is Sarah Jane Baker, a reference to Sarah Jane Smith, one of The Doctor's companions). Furthermore, in "Leverage" The 12-Step Job (2009), Nate again uses the alias Tom Baker, while Parker uses Rose, the name of another one of The Doctor's companions. In "The Three-Card Monty Job," Hardison and Eliot assume the aliases "Detective Moffatt" and "Detective Davies," two of the executive producers and head writers of the new series.

Now that you mentioned it I did catch the Moffatt adn Davies refrences.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anthony Head who plays Uther Pendragon in the British show Merlin, played the head master in "School Reunion". He also voiced Baltazar in in "Infinate Quest". He also has a large resume in British film.

I realize that this is a significant gap in reply, but he's also Giles on Buffy. Probably what he's most known for.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For us American types at least who were old enough when Buffy first aired. tongue.gif

Merlin's super popular among the younger kids these days. That, and it's on teh SyFy.

Anthony Head also has a history wth Who well before School Reunion having played in the Excelsis series. He also voiced a character in The Infinite Quest